Help!! How can you make a witness tell the truth?

by Bridgette 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

I'm talking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about their organization---UP FRONT, not subtly creeping it in. Two of them caught me by surprise this morning at my door (nobody here knows me from adam) offering the Awake magazine on battered women. I was incredulous, having had experience with being a battered woman AND a witness all at the same time. I thought, most people they're talking to won't realize their REAL stance on abused women and children. Most probably think they're saints for offering helpful information about abuse. At first I was livid (the reptilian part of my brain's response) then awareness seeped to my frontal lobe, and I felt nothing but pity for the vaccuous looking old gentleman at my door (wonder how many years he's devoted to this rot and what kind of retirement awaits him). All that I could utter from my stunned lips was: "No." (he looked like he was going to try to engage me further in old harrassing witness fasion) and I looked him and his friend emphatically in the eye and said "just no. have a wonderful day." and closed the door.
    I hate---no, I despise uninvited intrusions on my days off from long hard work weeks. I'm pregnant, and getting ready for out of town guests for T-giving. But toss all that aside for this argument. Witnesses are, always have been and probably will always be RUDE. They are the original telemarketers & vaccum cleaner salesmen of American religion. They're sales tactics are crass, cheap and devoid of genteelity. There's no changing that, I'm afraid.
    However, as I watched them accost the too-friendly-to-turn-them-away-lonely old lady across the street, I thought. and thought. It's not those individuals peddling those magazines I have any issue with. I am, however left with one burning desire from growing up in the org. To make witnesses tell the truth. From the get go. I wish I had a concise, as non-biased as it can be piece of literature that spelled out, concisely what they espouse. It must include their views on world governments (that they are under the complete control of Satan) It must have WTBTS quotes or at least references to back it up (I no longer have any of their crap, except my old NWT bible). I want the truth about their beleif that anyone not baptized as a Jehovah's witness will die at Armageddon. I want their REAL views on women and children's rights exposed.
    My agenda is not trying to bring down this religious corporation. If a consenting ADULT wishes to become and remain a witness--good! Great!! We've fought too hard for religious freedom in this country for them not to be. But I want anyone even APPROACHED with this religion to be fully aware. Not subtly introduced to subject matter. Like being seduced a little at a tiny bit at a time, until the victim's boundaries are all broken down. I want people to know: this is how you go in, this is how you will come out. This is what you will have to stand for. These are the principals you will have to die for. This is how you will have to dress. Talk. Eat. Breath. etc.
    Is there anything in writing like this? I'm going to go over and talk to my neighbor after a while. If she wants to be a witness, more power to her, and her right to be so. But she's going to know what and who they are if I have anything to do with it.
    Thanks for listening. Any input welcome.
    Peace,
    Bridgette

edited for over use of "short order" lol!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

beautifully said Bridgette (it's 5am here .. if i'd read this later in the day i'd probably be laughing my ears off at your unique wording)

How can we make a witness tell the truth? I dunno, hold Bathory's head under the tap till he admits the truths bullshit? (yeah you Bathory .. you're way too smart to believe we're in the last daze ;)

unclebruce who served jehovah rudely.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How can you make a witness tell the truth?HA-HA-HA good luck!I`ve tried it.You pretty much have to trap them in their lie.That works really good,and it usualy piss`s them off(thats the part I like)...OUTLAW

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hi Bridgette,

I agree with you 10000000%...

That is why I think it is sooooo important to get the UN issue out to the public.. They will either have to admit they lied, or admit they used "Theocratic Warfare" to associate with the UN in the first place..

As soon as non-witnesses know the truth about the witnesses, and their 'door-to-door' tactics, no one will trust them..

I can just imagine it now:

Knock Konck

Hello..

Good morning Maam.. Do you know that we are living in the time of the end.. The bible says so right here....

Oh, are you one of those Jehovah's Witnesses I heard about on TV last month on that UN special.

Err, yes, I am a Jehovah's witness..

Ah, you're the ones that use something called "Theocratic Warfare strategy" which means basically lie to me to show me your version of "truth", right? Thank you, but no thank you.. Door slams in face..

On another note, I had a bible study with a couple of JW's about 9 months back.. Since I was reading all this information, I knew the answers to alot of interesting stuff that I knew they would not tell me directly... I don't know how many times I allowed them to back themselves into a corner with a "half-truth" and then, although it usually took 1/2 - 1 hour to get them to fess up, get them to say the real truth.. EVERY TIME WITHOUT EXCEPTION that I got them to say what they really meant, their excuse for lying was, "Oh, you may have misinterpreted what we said".. And every time, I replied, "If you knew that we were going to misinterpret what you said and didn't do anything about it, it is lying.."..

I finally sprang it on them that I knew all about Theocratic Warfare Strategy, and WOW! did that upset them... They then replied about "having to feed on milk before you get solid food" or something like that!!!

I replied if you are not telling me the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, then the "milk" you are feeding me is tainted..

Needless to say, the bible study ended shorlty thereafter :-)

• metatron
    metatron

wannahelp, I believe the issue of Theocratic War Strategy
    needs to be addressed by the media --- but ESPECIALLY
    in courtrooms.

The Society needs to be pinned down on the witness stand.
    Does this doctrine allow or encourage lying or deceit?
    Is this doctrine used or believed in and practised today?
    If not, are you now disavowing and rejecting it?

Such an exposure could cause more damage that any UN fiasco.
    -- and it's easier to understand.

metatron

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hi metatron,

I agree whole heartidly with you..!!!!

That is what I want to see being brought to the forefront..

In the courtrooms would be excellent, but I think if the media does it correctly, it will protect the majority of non-witnesses from ever getting caught up in this 'cult' in the first place!!!!

I still maintain that no matter how much 'evidence' we unearth against the WTBTS, witnesses that don't want to see it will be able to ignore or rationalize it away.. Witnesses that are truly looking for truth will use it as a way to break the bondage of slavery..

But, in both cases, the average joe on the street that doesn't know anything about witnesses is still in danger of their 'dreaded bible studies'..

I think getting the word out about their 'lying tactics' would be just as big or even bigger to average people than the clild molestation case.. Hate to say it, but average people have heard about the catholic church and their problems with Child Molestation.. So, average people may even be able to 'rationalize' that one away, as saying ok, they are like all other churces, and they have their problems too... And even if the average person cannot rationalize it away, you can bet that the WT will have a canned line or two to rationalize it away, and mention the catholic church's problems with similiar situations as well.. There is a correlary there, and an average person may be able to get sucked in simply because something that 'sounds' similiar has happened in another church..

But, there is NO correlary to a church (although it certainly is a correlary to destructive cults) to actually promote lying and deception to people on the outside... When a person hears this, they will automatically think CULT -- DANGER...

The WT can spin away the child molestation cases, so long as people don't do real research.. But, I don't think they will ever be able to spin away 'lying and deception' doctrines.. Even if people don't do research on that one, all they will ever have to do is hear it mentioned that the WT practices lies and deception to recruit new members, and that will stick with all people.. And they will be forever on gaurd when a knock comes at the door..

So, I cannot agree more with you.. The VERY IMPORTANT issue is getting the "Theocratic Warfare Strategy" out to the masses.. It takes away the MAJOR tool they use to begin their indoctrination procedure against new members, and also will frustrate everything they do from here on end, as everything they say will be looked at with the fine toothed comb that it should be to interpret the often double-meanings that they use...

- Wannahelp

• teejay
    teejay

Interesting experience, Bridgette. Just goes to show that there are many ways of handling JWs at the door.

tj

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

"I still maintain that no matter how much 'evidence' we unearth against the WTBTS, witnesses that don't want to see it will be able to ignore or rationalize it away.."
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, there, wannahelp. Some are so pathetically addicted to group think and "mother's milk", they do not care about truth. In fact, I'd hate to destroy a person's schema after so many years of indoctrination and knowing no other way to live. Which is why I pretty much leave my mother alone. I just want to see these guys have to be honest. I'm allowed to watch my government and call them on their b.s., I'm allowed to alert the media about corrupt businesses, and corporations, to warn others of what they are getting into. Why not this corporation? If people want to buy worthless, toxic product (i.e., cigarettes), who am I to judge?But you WILL PUT WARNING LABELS ON THE PACKAGES (= tell people what you are ALL about from beginning to end) and YOU WILL NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT SELLING TO MINORS!
    Peace,'
    Bridgette
    p.s. if anybody comes across or can write up (or just provide references for me to write my own) a brief, concise list of what they REALLY believe and espouse, please let me know.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I have had some visits recently and I know the kind of frustration you are dealing with. I got much further with them than you - watching them be sooooooooooooooo sweet, when all the while I know what they are really like. It's galling!!! You are caught between a rock and a hard place. If you show them that they lie, they don't deal with the lie, they deal with how you know about their lies. They are then absolved from any further dealings with you because you are "apostate" and not to be trusted. Only an apostate raises the subject of their lies and they know they have the truth, so apostates are evil for trying to make the truth look false. You can't win.

Marilyn

• Celia
    Celia

Bridgette
    I've been thinking for a while now about writing a short essay, or a list of things the JWs don't tell you when they come to your door...
    THINGS JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WON'T TELL YOU
    LYING BY OMISSION
    JW'S : WHAT THEY TELL YOU, WHAT THEY DON'T

and distribute it to my neighbors and publish it as a letter to the editor in local newspapers...

Something like that. Just no time right now to put it together.
    But I will, I hope soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit