How would you answer this........

by fifi40 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat
    The one thing he kept saying is that even if it is wrong it is not a bad way to live your life............what would you say to this?

Here's some sample answers:

Is this Jehovah's plan, that we live a "not bad" life? What happened to a life of excellence, love, and joy? Would you eat fruit that is "not bad", or go for the fresh? John 10:10 Ecclesiastes 9:9-10 Galatians 5:22, 23

Howcome you are so sure it isn't better elsewhere? Because they say so in the meetings? You owe it to yourself to see how good it is out in the so-called "world". Take a walk in the park and watch the couples going by. Does it look like they are living a "not bad" life, or perhaps something better than "not bad"?

• real one
    real one

missing link you are so right..i would think that God would want us to develop as close a relationship to Him as we can get! Being a jw they develop their relationship through the org and that is nothing. they are obviously lazy and dont want to read the Bible to find the real truth so like journey-on said they would rather be spoon fed.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My big concern would be the blood issue.

Your son is reaching the age to be able to decide for himself what he chooses to believe. I would just voice concern if your ex would shun him if he chose to believe differently.

momz

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Fifi

I'm so glad you spoke to your son.

ql

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I think I need to compile a list of information and facts that disprove the jw religion and its 
    teachings, for any jw or any considering becoming one, to be able to check for themselves before 
    committing themselves any further to this religion
    www.jwfacts.com
    There is a heading entitled "questions for your bible study conductor".
    I hope everything turns out well with your son. If he wants to talk to an ex-JW who is around his 
    age, send me a private message.
  • Cephyr13
    Cephyr13

The guy says even if it's wrong, it's a good way to live? Then ask him if a false Jesus came up and said, "Accept Me or go to hell" and you accept Him only to find out He's actually taking you to hell when you die,is it ok to follow this false Jesus because He teaches you a good way to live even though you're going to hell when you die?

Now for disproofs:

Jehovah's Witnesses say the Father, the Son are two different people. So they believe that Moses and Abraham and all of the other prophets saw God the Father in the Old Testament. Abraham saw Him in Gen 19. Moses saw Him on Mt. Sinai. Many other prophets said they saw Him too. Yet John says, "No man has seen the Father at any time." How do they explain this?

Here's how you explain it. First, you correct their version of the Trinity in which they say God has multiple personality disorder. You ask them, "Do you have a mind, body and spirit?" They will say yes. Then you say, "So, are you one person?" They say yes. Then you ask, "So do you also have multiple personality disorder like you think God does?" They say no. Then you say, "So you are three in one, right?" They say yes. (1 thess 5:23 shows our three separate parts, and Heb 4:12 says God can divide the soul from the spirit, therefore, were are not a soul, like JW believes. We are spirit, soul & body. The soul is the mind, will and emotions.)

Then you explain how we are created in God's image, in three parts: Jehovah (Yahweh) has three parts. The Father is the mind (which is never seen), the Son is the physical body seen in the physical world, and the Holy Spirit is the spiritual body seen in the spiritual world. Problem solved! Now when John says no one has seen the Father at any time, it makes sense, because Jesus said, "If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father." This means in the Old Testament, it was Jesus that was seen, not the Father. This means if a prophet was taken in the spirit to heaven and saw God, he was seeing the Holy Spirit. This also explains another question Jehovah's Witnesses cannot answer...

Here's the question:

Isaiah 44:6

Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
    'I am the first and I am the last,
    And there is no God besides Me.'

This means that Jehovah is the First and the Last (of which there can only be ONE first person to exist, and that is God), and there is no other God besides Him. Now listen to what Jesus says in Revelation:

Revelation 1:17-18

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades."

So, how can Jesus be the first and the last, when Jehovah said HE is the first and the last? Answer: They are the same person. Very simple.

These things destroy JW doctrine completely and expose their false Jesus who is clearly not our Jesus. Show that to your husband and get his response.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Being a JW is a bad life, particularly for kids. What about the ban on partipating in school sports, politics, newspaper, band, etc? What about JW students not preparing for college but instead getting baptized and running the risk of losing friends and family when the kid realizes that he's in a cult? What about the protectionist attitude of the WTB&TS when it comes to pedophiles and the re-victimizaton when it comes to victims? What about the screwed up view of masturbation and sex? It's no wonder there are so many perverts in that organization! What about the mind control that causes members to lose logic and reasoning abilities? I could go on and on, but the fact remains that being a JW is a bad life for everyone, especially for kids.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Wow.......................

Thank you all for your replies. I just got in from work and have had a quick read of your posts and there are some really good points........I need to read in more detail and get back to you later when I have more time.

Thanks so much.

It has been spinning round my head on and off all day.................and if I am honest there is a little part of me that feels uncomfortable with the decision I made to talk openly to both my son and ex husband.............kinda of like the saying 'it is better to let sleeping dogs lie' in that I know I am causing them both some upset, maybe making them think and also setting myself up to be viewed as an 'evil apostate' that is being used by Satan to test them..........so I need all the good advice and support I can get right now.

Thank you again

Fi

• Cephyr13
    Cephyr13

Just remember, if you are using the Bible properly to disprove Jehovah's Witnesses, then they must call the Bible apostate. lol You should ALWAYS fight for truth, especially when your kids are involved. Don't let him grow up in a horrible life like the JW life... It's all an illusion created by fear and mind control. No one deserves that. When you have your kid, you can show him the truth, like the ones I showed you above and he can make up his own mind. Anyone can see JW is incorrect when they look at the right scriptures and arguments.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Its like that man who went to the hospital with a gangrenous leg and the surgen amupates the wrong leg, then still has to amputate the other, like this man, those who recognize the untruth and say its better than the alternitive...dont have a leg to stand on.

I know you saw that one comin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit