Family :-(

by Bumble Bee 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family. Sometimes you have to choose to make your friends your family.

Kwin

• horrible life
    horrible life

Everybody knows I complain about not having a loving family. Abusive, cold, unloving JW's. I feel like I can trace 90% back to being a JW.

Thought...... What If JW's: Celebrated Christmas, and didn't DF. These would be the only beliefs that were different.

I have always wondered, if life would have been better, if we would have celebrated Christmas, even though being a JW. You would be able to think about the other person, and buy or make a gift. Learn not to be selfish. Family gathered around for the holiday.

Seems like these 2 beliefs, would change alot of our lives for the better. Maybe not. We will never know, what would have been. Alas.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I know a ton of friends who have little contact w/ their crazy families and they are not JWs. I think screwed up families exist all over. I agree w/ the ... you can't pick your family but your can pick your friends, so your friends can become your family. That is what I have. My friends are family to me and they drive me crazy at times (just like family) but I love them totally just like family.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I know exactly what you are saying and while it doesn't really help to say it's their loss - it is their loss. I hope they realize it someday.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Well put Dawg! My family was so dysfunctional it was pathetic. I have had no contact with my older brothers for decades except by accident on "Classmates". They all feel I am a lepor straight from hell. On the other hand, my wifes family are great and our five children are all very close between themselves and with us.

carm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit