That time of year again... Mum and Memorial

by MisfitMeL 12 Replies latest jw friends

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

This is going to be my first year in NOT attending the memorial. Well... I don't know for sure yet. I officially started fading last year, but it was after the memorial. Already my mom, my sister, and brother-in-law are starting to hound me, to make sure I'm going. And they go about it the stupid way by asking "So, do you know when the memorial is? Are you going?"

Of course I know when it is, but so far I've just been avoiding the other half of the question (I'll say, "No, I'm going to a different KH"). If anything, I would like to hold my own memorial at home, so I can partake in peace. Why am I just going to sit there and pass the bread and wine? Are JW's the only religion that do this?

• Deidra
    Deidra

The last time I set foot in a Kingdumb Hall was at the memorial 5 years ago. It was the same ole speech and for some reason it didn't make since to me that year. Having been away from the hall and then attending the memorial was a real eye opener for me. Why had I been away for so long just to return to the exact same thing? It sounded so robotish. I thought the memorial would rekindle some fire it me. It did just the opposite. After the memorial, I started praying and searching for something real. I found it. It was not at the Kingdumb Hall with the robotic morons!

• Deidra
    Deidra

I also realized at the memorial that nowhere in the bible it said that only those "special ones" could partake. Jesus clearly said to partake in rememberance of me...................., etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit