Here's another 1975 goodie

by rekless 12 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

"We will all be standing and watching as they throw their worthless money into the streets."

rekless

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Is this a quote? If so, from what source? I cut and paste all quotes.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Surely, anything that is worthless should be thrown into the dustbin? Only yobbo's chuck rubbish on the pavement.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Judith
    Judith

My JW mother-in-law said that very thing to her son. "Why do you work so hard and gather worldy goods? You will just have to throw your useless money into the street." His reply? "Well mom, if that happens, I will have plently to throw cause I don't want to stand with my hands in my pockets and not be able to participate." She went off in a huff. I should not speak ill of the dead (which she is) but.........

JJ

• rekless
    rekless

"This was a quote from a CO that came through McComb, Mississippi in 1974 then start with we only have seven months, 13 days, 26 hours, 54 seconds. Be prepared and do Jehovah's work."
    I can not remember his name.

If I'mn not mistaken there was a WT in the early 70's that depictured people on wall street tossing paper or money out of windows.

rek

• TR
    TR

Almost 20 years ago, I refused to set up an IRA(individual Retirement Account) for myself because I sincerely thought the end would be here before Y2K. DOH! Now I'm playing catch-up.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Rec.....

Interesting.

My Mom opened the door to this cult when I was a kid of 5. That was several years ago to put it mildly. I remember her telling us ( me and my little sister, she was 3) that the big "A" would be here in 1955. I remember it well because it scared the hell out of me.

'55 came and went and so did '75 and now its '01 and they are still waiting. My Mom is also long gone.

I got out 25 years ago so a lot of the topics discussed here I wasn't around for. So I've learned alot from my fellow posters. I still have family in the borg and I strive to understand why I can see and they can't.

I happened to see your name and was wondering how you are.

Sunny

• belbab
    belbab

This subject brings up in my memory a news story somewhere around the seventies. Someone in NY won a lottery or received an inheritance or something similar. He went to the top of some skyscraper and started throwing it off. He created havoc down below. Police put a stop to it. Can anyone research this in NY times. Be interesting to find out details.

Belbab

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Surely, anything that is worthless should be thrown into the dustbin? Only yobbo's chuck rubbish on the pavement.

English,

This is a bible quote and most ancient people were yobbos. It was cool to be a yobbo in those days .. name me a patriach who didn't chuck wineskins over his shoulder or feel up every girl he passed. I was in a bookshop today and just happened to be peroozing the section on erotica and saw the sex bible .. a book detailing every sorded sex story in the old testament .. um Hebrew Scriptures ... what tales of lust and depravity, men raping thier fathers prostitutes and women .. well they didn't do much but lay back and think of England by all accounts.

unclebruce

PS: Reckless aren't you referencing the Babylon the Great or Finished Mystery book? (i'm sitting here in a bible free, watchtower publication free zone)

• rekless
    rekless

You may be correct...I was a book study conductor at that time.. so much I read and so much gets mixed up in what book said what. ... but the CO was the speaker of that quote.

rek

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit