Celebrating 1st Year of Freedom

by individuals wife 12 Replies latest jw friends

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Well, I've made it through the first year! One year out and still surviving - despite the fact that they said I would come crawling back with my tail between my legs!!

I cant believe a year could go by so fast and also that you could achieve so much. When I look back at how life was in the organisation and how restricting it was, how regimented and uninspiring it makes me so glad that I got out. Looking back on the past year fills me with real joy, not the sort of joy that they say comes with pioneering (yeah, right...), no, this is real joy, a feeling of accomplishment, a sense of being alive and being able to make your own decisions.

When I look at how my life has changed over the last year, travelling to the other side of the world for adventures, going back to college, starting a new job that I really love, applying to university (interview next week..... keep your fingers crossed for me!) - I am looking forward to seeing what the next year has in store for me! Who thought you could fit so much in to one year!!!

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you here for the massive support and encouragement you have given me over the past year, even before I began posting I felt I knew so many of you well! Even those on the board who profess to be JWs have given me the strength to stay away from the Kingdom hall! But more especially thanks to those who know what it feels like to be fresh out of the organisation, those who take the time to help sort out those raw feelings, make you smile when you are feeling down and help pick up the pieces when you have had a really crap day, thanks all! I look forward to the next year here!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

GOOD FOR YOU! Celebrate your new anniversary. Cheers

• Simon
    Simon

well done IW ! Life just gets better and better when you've left doesn't it?

It's been great reading your posts and I'm sure others have been encouraged by them as you have by theirs.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey iw - and individual too - am still writing my DA letter - waiting for a cool date to use as my anniversary ...

so glad you are happy - wishing you only the very best ...

• josephus
    josephus

CONGRTS KIDDO.

i am into my second year allready, and have helped 4 others learn "the truth about the truth" so far.
    thats four more than i brought into the "truth"
    life is ok.

love

josephus

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Hi IW....

October 8,1997 was my personal independence day! I celebrate it and look forward to it every year.
    Another event I really enjoy is Christmas! I always feel great getting ready for it. It's another independence day I celebrate with gusto!
    I hope all of your independence days are great ones!
    Congratulations!
    Many more!
    Inq:)

• Gopher
    Gopher

IW,

Congratulations as well. You deserve most of the credit for taking charge, finding a direction and pursuing it! Best wishes to you and to "Individual" as you make the best out of life, unhindered by religious superstition.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

You guys have a wonderful way of making someone feel good about themselves - thank you so much for your good wishes!

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

happy anniversary
    happy anniversary
    happy anniversaaaaaarrrrrryyyyyyyyy!!!!

Ven

"WE will make NO distinction between those who commit the act of Pedophilia and those who harbor them!!!"

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Congratulations!

I can't wait till I can say the same. I hope you celebrate big time!

Anne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit