Don't Accept Their Handshakes or Smiles

by metatron 10 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The other day I accidentally encountered one of the
    lying, corrupt elders who unjustly injured my family.

I'm not known for using bad language. It took all my
    self-control not to raise my voice in a public setting
    and accost this low-life bastard - and his half-
    demented wife (her parents were involved in Satanic
    rituals, don't you know)

That's what so incredible about these blind, zombie
    WitNazis - they will walk up to you a month or a year
    later and act like nothing's happened - "How're you
    doing?!" - a handshake, a smile is offered as if your
    child was never molested and all the lies and fraud
    are no big deal.

Don't accept their handshakes.
    Don't accept their smiles.
    Don't accept their presence.

Let them know in no uncertain terms what scum
    they are. If you are df'd or da'd, embarass and
    harass them. Don't let them forget the ugliness
    of their conduct.

If you do otherwise, you accept whatever they did to
    you as right and proper.

I'd like to turn the other cheek, but I now
    realize that this sick organization is the way
    it is because too many people meekly accepted
    whatever cruelty was imposed on them.

Long live the internet.

metatron

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I agree. Don't accept their handshake or smiles. Don't stoop to their level. You can still be at peace with yourself without saying a word to them who have harmed you or your loved ones. IMO j2bf

• Judith
    Judith

Metatron It used to bother me when I was shunned. Now it is just a twinge and no more. Before I started back to the Hall to try for reinstatement, some Witnesses would actually give a little smile or a hello. Now, since I have stopped attending meetings, they are really going out of their way to shun me to the point of stupidity.

At the gas station the other day, one pulled up to fill up his car. He saw me, turned around and proceeded to fill his tank backwardsMust have been difficult for him but now he can't even look at me because I might put a curse on him. The woman who works at my bank(a witness that used to talk with me) saw me coming into the bank and quickly turned her back and walked to the back of the bank. Hmmmmm. Nothing has changed in my behavior except I am not longer attending the Hall. I feel that there must have been an announcement of some kind that has scared this people silly. Now, instead of being upset at being shunned, I feel only sadness for them. The poor dupes.

As to your mention of the elder's wife whos parents were into Satan rituals, I met a woman 10 years back who's Witness husband took his young children to satanic rituals while she was at work in the evening. She never knew of this until her children were older and reported it to her. Is this something that happens in the Organization more than just infrequently?

JJ

• mindfield
    mindfield

judith, you mean you were df'd or da'd, and while trying for reinstatement, JW's said hi? If that is the case, you're pretty lucky, i think... here, a guy is trying for reinstatement, and woe be you if you say hi or something.

• Judith
    Judith

Mindfield

I was DA'd and one woman at the bank who was also a memeber of my dance club, used to talk to me. But she is know as a bit of a rebel. On other, an elder's wife, would say hi or smile. She told me that I always had a good heart. All the others treated me like I was a demon. Wish I had said BOO! at them and watch them jump. Oh, well, so much for me having a good heart. <grin>

On returning to the KH in June of 2001, some smiled, one waved behind her bookbag, and the others just marched on by. No elder spoke to me although I think they can. I attended for four months (every meeting) and the elder of the bookstudy decided to talk with me on the night I knew I was never coming back. If they were brighter or had any compassion or love, they would have spoken sooner.

His words were, "Why are you attending the meetings?" and I said, "Ah, to be reinstated?" He said that he was going to an elders meeting the next night and would mention this to them and see what they could do to make my transition easier. I didn't bother to tell him I was not coming back. So, I have been shunned even harder then before. Wouldn't you think that an elder, and that one in particular, would call to find out why I didn't return? For all intents and purposes, he was under the impression that I was looking to be reinstated. I mean I could have died, or be sick, or need help. Ha! Like they would care.

JJ

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

In following the shunning instructions I have been fed since 3, I had a funny experience when my best friend was DF'd.

Of course, I couldn't talk to her anymore, no matter where I saw her. We were both about 16 at the time. Anyway, we happened to be at the same red light on a four-lane highway, which means we were right next to each other waiting for the light to turn green. Obviously I knew she was there. It struck me that it was like a drag race - I was intently staring at the red light waiting for it to turn green so I could get away from this awkward situation. Anyway, I looked over at her, she looked over at me, and we both reved (sp?) our engines up and started laughing.

I share this because it was a small turning point for me. After that I started sending her letters secretly through one of her sisters who attended the meetings.

Unfortunately, she never forgave me for my prior silence, and has since proved go out of her way to avoid me. I won't go into the details on that. I just think it's interesting that we can try to look at the black and whites of any issue, but it still boils down to the individual people involved and where they are at in their lives.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I share your sentiments Metatron. However, it depends on the Witness. Anybody who fucked over me would definitely get nuthin but ice grill. I couldn't be rude to any of the nice obnes though. Especialy fine ass Sis. Williams.

ONE.....

bigboi

• COMF
    COMF

I like to have a little fun with a public audience. For a long time now I've played this teasing game with girlfriends, where we have a bet about something, and the loser has to announce to everybody that the other one was right. When I lose, I get into it. Walking down a sidewalk, every time we meet comeone, "Hey, y'all... she was right." In a crowd, crying out, "Hey, everybody!" (Pointing at her with thumb) "I'm wrong and she's right. I need you all to know that fact." Driving in a car: roll the window down and hang out... "HEYYYYY!!! SHE WAS RIGHT!!!"

So you can imagine that I wouldn't have any qualms, in the circumstances you describe, looking the guy and his outstretched hand over for a few moments, and then turning to the people around us to say, "Hey, check this out. This guy molested my daughter and got away with it. Now he wants to shake my hand like we're friends, or something. Is this guy deserving of a violent death, or what?"

COMF

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Right on good for you metatron!!Tell the bastards to their face what you think of them.Remember,they haven`t heard the TRUTH in a long long time.It could fuck them up for weeks or months...HA-HA-HA...OUTLAW

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Metatron,

While I don't have such a horrific experience as yours, I can understand your feeling here. When I see some now, they're all smiles and 'what's wrong with you?' but if they knew that I had doubts and disbelief, they would start their shunning. Some seem to have already. It's so hurtful and shallow. But it makes me angry at them.

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit