Memorial at the nicest country club in the area!

by Burger Time 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

While the venue would be better than a Kingdumb Hell, it is still a bloody waste of time. You still get the boring 45 minute talk. You still get the hounding session that follows. You still risk getting hounded, harassed, and/or recaptured after the Reject Jesus Festival concludes. No matter what, it is still not worth it.

Not to mention that they will use the occasion to solicit extra donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. It might cost them $1,000 to rent the place. For that, they will make people think it cost more like $100,000 and hound them to give accordingly. The excess would go right in the Pedophile Defense Fund. Just one more reason to not go.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

The reason it's being done is because I think three congregations meet there so there just isn't enough room or time to have it at the original hall.OTWO, first of all I don't care much about it, just that it's causing a lot of fuss in the local hall. It could cause a minor scandal...thus the post in the Scandal section. I don't think people care much that a facility is being rented as they are renting the nicest most prominent facility in the area. What kind of message can you honestly send telling people to be poor and that rich people are essentially evil when your meeting in something that exudes such "negative" qualities? I think that's why so many people care and it's causing a fuss.

• carla
    carla

Sounds pretty worldly to me! As a non jw had I been invited to this shingdig I would wonder what the hell a relgious service, especially 'Easter' is doing going on in a country club. Who are they trying to impress?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Maybe some of the JW's will ask themselves the same questions that have been asked on this thread and realise they have been had.

Maybe some of the JW's who realise that they have been had will escape out of the doomsday cult from hell that encourages them to reject Jesus at a swank country club where most of them couldn't get in on any other night of the year.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The last congregation I was in teamed up with at least a dozen other congregations and rented an entire complex with several large halls in it. I think they use the same place every year. Each hall could accomodate at least 4 congregations, possibly more. It was a very nice place, and the cost was roughly $300 per congregation. The cost was reasonable, there was plenty of room, plenty of parking, and the place was much more attractive than our dumpy old kingdom hall which had no parking lot. Maybe the JWs figured it would be more impressive to the "new ones" they want to indoctrinate.

W

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    Just me saying "the nicest country club in Gastonia" is a bit of a oxymoron to most who live around

LOL...

I know where you are talking about. I'm surprised they rented that facility or that they even got it! Usually here in Hickory, they rent the auditorium at Lenoir Rhyne College.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Have you heard of Cramer Mountain? That's where it's at.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Even a fancy country club won't improve the boring talk

• ronin1
    ronin1

When is the memorial this year?

Ronin1

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I think they think It makes them look more important when they rent a Big plush fancy Venue. the visitors will be impressed and maybe they can disceive more to join.

A lot of those big evangelist Churches go all out and have huge plush venues to spout their LIEs plus really fancy sound and lighting. (Smoke and Mirrors) They look so Important so they can get more converts to give them MONEY

Now the JW's are maybe learning NEW tricks to make them look more enticing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit