Kids and imaginary friends....are they really imaginary?

by ButtLight 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I never had one growing up, at least not to my knowledge. None of my kids did either. Did you? Did any of your kids?

Im not talking about little kids talking on their play phones....but actually holding on a conversation with someone thats not there....

Do kids at like the age of 4, have the smarts to start a sentence, and cut it off in the middle, to answer a question that their so called friend

asked? I know they have quite the imagination.......

Like this kid, its boring, but if you watch the whole thing, he stops his sentences to answer his "friend".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXRA90dEJAE

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I had one named Margaret. I don't really think she was imaginary, kids just get told they are so much they stop believing.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Of course they're imaginary. It's a common enough phase that most children grow out of. A few carry it into adulthood, often with unfortunate consequences for their mental health and the welfare of their own children.

• Cc81
    Cc81

i thought mine was real when i was a kid... i am still not sure she was not! her name was penelope and i loved her! : )

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    A few carry it into adulthood, often with unfortunate consequences for their mental health and the welfare of their own children.

Ha! I knew I could draw you out of the woodwork! Are you talking about me here by any chance? Nah, you cant be, cause I only have imaginary friends now, never as a kid!

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

I slept with one of my imaginary friends, but don't tell anybody 'cause we were young and just experimenting and everybody does it at that age and soon we were comparing and...

Don't Judge me!

We don't talk anymore, sometimes I reach into the back of my mind to see if my ol' friend is there but all I draw is blanks. *sighs* One day you are in the mud and riding big wheels and the next day they are gone...

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

hahahaha

*mua*

• JH
    JH

I have an imaginary friend called Hermann

• snowbird
    snowbird

I had an imaginary boyfriend named Philip.

He was as dark as a Moor (I'd researched them), and had teeth as white as the driven snow.

He drove a John Deere tractor and a 1958 Ford pickup.

He smelled like Octagon soap, could do 5-place mutliplication in his head, and pick 100 pounds of cotton like it was nothing!

Oh, did I say he was imaginary?

Sylvia

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

snowbird, are you a writer? You could be!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit