Real One and Immorality

by hamilcarr 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

After going through real one's last posts and his favorite 'I'm only quoting scriptures' argument (regarding homosexuality), I wonder whether you agree on this one:

It's impossible to be a moral person when you consider biblical rules as inspired.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Morality for me is a harm none philosophy! Humans can decide amongst each other how to do as they will and harm none! They need no ancient all powerfull guidebook!

So Biblical rulings go beyond that and suggest 'harm' to be much more than what I see as harm! This even causes wars!

It takes away the individuals personal feeling of what harm is and brainwashes them with an 'intellectual harm' that they then impose on others and often make them suffer through it!

So I agree that the Bible actually harms people! It is not a 'moral' way of life - by its own definitions!

• real one
    real one

the foolish would espouse to those beliefs you Rc and ham agree to. you will someday eat those words

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Well if you read what happend in some of those stories in the old testament section it is immoral. Some of the things kings did, the prophets, the friends of god did are extremely questionable.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Yeah, drowning the entire world's population (barr one family), offering your daughter to a bunch of strangers to be raped, getting dad drunk off his face and getting yourself pregnant to him, not to mention cutting your dead concubine into pieces. And these are the characters god approves.

Not even beginning to scratch the surface here. That's morality?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

hamilcarr:

It's impossible to be a moral person when you consider biblical rules as inspired.

I disagree. Even if I believed the entire bible was inspired (i.e. dictated by the creator of the universe) I would still not obey those rules because I would still be a moral person and would still find most of those rules morally repugnant.

real one of course has no morals at all. All he has is obedience, the opposite of morality. Someone who obeys rules simply because they come from an authority figure can make no pretense at being a moral person.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    real one of course has no morals at all. All he has is obedience, the opposite of morality. Someone who obeys rules simply because they come from an authority figure can make no pretense at being a moral person.

I love that statement.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Real one---

of course has no morals at all. All he has is obedience, the opposite of morality. Someone who obeys rules simply because they come from an authority figure can make no pretense at being a moral person.

I agree.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

What is your moral authority, FD?

And when it makes a ruling, do you obey it?

Cheers,

Burn

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I wanna be righteous like David, so this is what I'm gonna do the next time I wanna get married!

1 Samuel 18: 25 At that Saul said: “This is what YOU men will say to David, ‘The king has delight, not in marriage money, but in a hundred foreskins of the Phi·lis´tines, to avenge himself on the enemies of the king.’” But as for Saul, he had schemed to have David fall by the hand of the Phi·lis´tines. 26 So his servants reported these words to David, and the matter was to David’s liking, to form a marriage alliance with the king, and the days had not yet expired. 27 So David rose and he and his men went and struck down among the Phi·lis´tines two hundred men, and David came bringing their foreskins and giving them in full number to the king, to form a marriage alliance with the king. In turn Saul gave him Mi´chal his daughter as a wife.

David was so righteous and generous that he gave Saul 200 foreskins instead of the requested 100.

If I wanna be moral, I just follow what the bible says!

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit