I was not prepared for the other side

by dazednotconfused 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Where do I go from here?

how 'bout this. 'whereever the hell you wanna go' You're an adult, you can go anywhere.

It took me a long time to realize that I'm only responsible for myself...and I do a damn good job of it.

lisa

• Satanus
    Satanus

"Where do I go from here?"

The jws like to say where else can you go, as if you need to find a new religion, or belief, or something. Religions and beliefs aren't that important. You will likely acquire some beliefs, after a while. But, why rush it? Just live life as best you can. Find and do the things that you enjoy, try to find the answers to questions that are important to you.

S

• peter-john
    peter-john

Now / today is the time to do as Jesus told us :

15. "So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,'[b] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—
    16. then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Matt. 24.
    also...
    37. "Where, Lord?" they asked.
    He replied, "Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather." Luke 17.

Well , the first step is to "see" what the abomination is. then , to understand who "the mountains" are , then someone may flee to the mountains !

Look , here are the mountains :

7. Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I swear with uplifted hand that the nations around you will also suffer scorn.
    8. " 'But you, O mountains of Israel, will produce branches and fruit for my people Israel, for they will soon come home. 9. I am concerned for you and will look on you with favor; you will be plowed and sown,
    10. and I will multiply the number of people upon you, even the whole house of Israel. The towns will be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt.
    11. I will increase the number of men and animals upon you, and they will be fruitful and become numerous. I will settle people on you as in the past and will make you prosper more than before. Then you will know that I am the LORD.
    12. I will cause people, my people Israel, to walk upon you. They will possess you, and you will be their inheritance; you will never again deprive them of their children.

Ezekiel 36 .

the following articles may help you in finding the answers you are looking for :

http://putinthesickle.blogspot.com/

friendly , p-j .

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Hi, Welcome to JWD.

The other side can be scary. But eventually you will find the grass is greener, the air fresher and the sun shines brighter. I joked that I had joined my brother in the "dark side". He said no, I had left it.

This is a great place to help, as the majority here have been right where you are. Find friends, do things you always wanted to do but never could. Understand that it is your mom's love for you that makes her do that, but she is programmed to try to bring you back.

momz

• freydi
    freydi

I like your characterization of being between "loving wrath" and unable to flip a switch to become worldly. It puts you in a kind of no-mans land. The question is whether you still have faith. In that case it might help to retrace the jw history to see where they veered off track which started with da judge and his shunning policy. Now the dubs are going to be observing the Memorial in March along with the rest of Chrisendom when Passover isn't until April 19th. They are in deep spiritual darkness and it's getting darker, the same as for throwing the baby out with the bathwater and becoming an ignoramus(Latin - for agnostic).

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

What do you feel guity about? Or is that perhaps the wrong word? I think guilt comes from within yourself. Or do you mean that people are putting you down?

• real one
    real one

it seems that everyone that leaves the cult kind of feels the same way...a little lost. when i first decides to leave i felt this overwhelming fear of where do i go. i was raised a baptist until i was 17 so i knew that other groups of people worshiped God with the Bible so i decided to simply find a church i could get the word from and grow in. the reason i decided to study with jw when i was 17 was because i felt the church i was going to did not teach God's word. I only tried out one more baptist church and grew tired of all the shouting and not understand what the preacher was saying...low and behold you know who came to my door promising to help me study the Bible...i had also talked with a witness at work too so that had my interest.

well in oct 07. i will never forget that date i decided to find out what i was really studying, because i didnt have a real zest for the truth. it didnt make me want to get out the bed and go worship. so i started my investigation. well needless to say i found the real truth by studying the Bible by myself. it started in the book of Romans.I remembered that around the age of 12 or 13 i had accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and savior, so i prayed to God to help me to understand what i was reading and with the help of His Holy Spirit I do understand the Bible now. i read each scripture of that book of Romans carefully and it all came to light. i continued on reading the rest of the nt and i finished reading at the book of Acts yesterday! Praise God!

I cannot tell you how refreshing it feels to be free from all the guilt and the self denial. Jesus Christ will turn you heart into a roaring fire for the truth if you let Him. If you have not yet prayed the sinners prayer here it is.

Dear Heavenly Father I ask you to forgive me for all of my sins. I accept Jesus Christ into my life as my personal savior. I believe He died for me on the cross and He was raised up to life again. I believe Jesus is Lord.

Pray also for God's Holy Spirit to help you and guide you along your way.

That is all it takes to transform your life into a true christian...a true follower of Christ. all you need is faith in Christ Jesus. you may not feel anything when you say this prayer but just know that if you are sincere in your heart you are on your way to heaven.

God will give you the courage to do anything you desire that is in His will. just obey Him.

Find yourself a good Bible based church i reccomend a non-denominational and you will find your strength

Also if you feel like you need some therapy please by all means seek some out. you have a long way to go but with God's help: Luke1:37-Nothing is impossible with God.

May God Bless Your Efforts!

Real One

• justhuman
    justhuman

Welcome to the board...we know exactly how you feel..we have all been through the same process...I was preparing for 6 years and still I find it hard...my marriage is broken. I have 2 small kids in the Witchtower, and in my late 30's I started a new life from the beggining...

I know is hard, but there is no hornable way to leave WT...you must find new friends, start a life and believe me it is really worth it...once you open the cage there is no turning back

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Having been crusoefied you go about feeling isolated from society because that is what they made you do to be amongst them!

And having decided your heart does not wish to reject the rest of humanity in the ways they insist, you are finding society has had its own life and your peer group have in common what you do not.

I do not know how to be one of them myself because I have not been on their journey.

All I feel there is to do is follow any instincts to explore, find out and meet people. And this may feel disappointing at times if not most of it. And it seems logical to be alone for long periods which can enhance the problems! It is like learning things anew amongst people who have already been there long ago but also as though what you have to offer is of little value to their interests!

The ex - WT Brain Train Solitaries are numerous and have an unknown path to travel and the WT knew this before you were ever born!!

Not so nice people when you think about it!

Whilst you are alone, may you find energy from nature and people you happen upon who are empaths and givers! There are some and even ones who will enjoy your company long enough to realise the true person you really are!

Best wishes on your journey!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You need to develop a network of friends who are not JWs. Former JWs are great because they can understand what you're going through. Also, people who have never been JWs are great because they don't view the world with a tainted eye.

I don't know where you live, but I'm in Toronto. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk, get out for a coffee or a beer.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit