Questioning Russell's background is gossip, so don't do it

by Robert7 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Russell was a power playing opportunist / entrepreneur, Rutherford was a power seeking crooked lawyer , both of them together created a lying bullshit religion

thats still present today. now thats not gossip thats factual truth based on history, its just too bad the present power players in Brooklyn do not want to acknowledge that.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Berta and Bonnie.

They're coming back too, pretty soon!

• reekster
    reekster

I actually feel sorry for some of the people who hear this stuff and believe it. Some of them are sincere and are really victims. They have come to the JWs because their lives were so miserable and the JWs had a good story and appearance. They've pursued what they believe is truth and don't have the capacity to realize they've been duped.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"Brothers, we don't know these kiddie - fiddlers do we ? We just hear these awful allegations from Caesars court. It makes us look no better than Christendom so let's hear no more about it." - meaning Legal Dept. have put us into damage control. Shut up or face the consequences.

There's more eyewitness testimony about these two shysters than there is about most characters in the Bible. Yet JW's have no problem discussing and speculating about what they did or didn't do.

• ninja
    ninja

what was the talk called?......"the miracle wheat and the weeds"........he he

• Robert7
    Robert7

I was just shocked they brought up the subject at all. I feel that by bringing it up, it would make people think about it more, than if it were left alone. Sometimes by overly trying to convince someone that something is not true, you are showing signs that it may be true.

However, since most people just drink the KoolAid, I bet no one even thought about it. It was probably intended to be subtle enough so it becomes part of everyones subconscious. So later when they run across details of Russel/Rutherford, they will just dismiss it as a reaction, like all other 'truths about the truth'.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

"There are those who wonder about the allegations made against AK Jeff. We do not know... so isn't that gossip? So we shouldn't engage in those thoughts..."

I have inserted my own name here, in case they wish to make the same announcement about me after 4 years of lying gossip. The hypocrites!!!! Gossip is one of the strongest tools they have to defend against us unruly apostates who dare expose the dead leadership of Russell and Rutherford. Who cares if we gossip about dead men? But those who destroy reputations with no guilt of those whom they befriended as 'Brother' for decades - now that seems wrong to me. Maybe that is just me.

Jeff

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I can confirm that in one of the last CO's talks I heard, flowing praise was heaped on Charles T. Russell as one of the supreme seekers after truth - it was such an odd interjection in his otherwise talk (the gist of which I can not now remember) that it appeared to me to be a blatant plug for the man...

I think the borg is aware of all the negative publicity and aura around the man on the internet and is trying to counterbalance this - but too little, too late, and the truth will eventually OUT.

Like you said, the more they do this, the more desperate they appear. Good on them!

• chickpea
    chickpea

the term gossip implies idle and speculative talk.....

an allegation is a statement asserting something without proof

methinks there exists ample evidence to invalidate both premises of gossip and allegation

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

CTR a 'supreme truth seeker'? Yeah man, I was like, looking for truth, and then I saw this Christmas tree, and it was pretty, and I like, bought it and put it up in the Bethel lobby and then I got this membership card in the mail for the Masons, and so I like, sent it in. Then I was balancing my check book, and the number 1874 kept popping up and I knew, I just knew, it was something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit