What did you imagine life would be like in the New System?

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• joebin
    joebin

Torture, absolute torture. I would think of all the cute sisters (now all perfect and all) running around naked, and I'd be required to look elsewhere, not even flinch. I never thought I would last too long under such conditions without getting zapped.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I'd be forever 12 years old, frolicking in a field with a lion, while dad farmed the land.

You asked...!

• Maddie
    Maddie

Bliss

Maddie

• ShirleyW
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember my mother telling me that during the Tuesday night study the conductor went around the room asking what kind of animal they would like as a pet during the new system, since all animals supposedly would be docile and roaming the streets after Armagedon ! ? ! ? ! ?

Sounds like that Bro. needs a visit from psyche ward of Creedmore, the local mental hospital in our neck of the woods of NYC ! ! !

• yumbby
    yumbby

Paradise never seemed like a huge draw to me, I thought it would be an awful lot of hard work and uninteresting people, crappy music and no cars or television. I did like the idea of living forever because I was terrified of dying, but being married to one person forever and ever seemed abit much to take.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Having to live in a world with nothing but other men available to me. On top of that, everything would be stagnation, with everything I did being what someone else told me to. And having to go to boasting sessions to worship the same Almighty Baghead that I have grown to so detest for all the sxxx He did to me.

• oompa
    oompa

Lots of NECKED people!...........oompa

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Every Witness has got a personal view of the New World and it is a reflection of their personal hopes and favourite things...I used to think how great it would be that nobody went hungry or got ill or would be oppressed ...then I aways saw myself working with animals, perhaps in a rustic English setting with a horse and cart ...[anything other spending an eternity gardening!]

I can also identify with gently feral's post .

Perfection was supposed to do away with all that, right? I assumed that our own, perfected ability to govern our own impulses would make any rule of law unnecessary. I was sure God would give us as big a spiritual jump-start as we required to make Paradise work.Hmmm - I was looking forward to an anarchist civilization and didn't even know it.
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

At first I thought it would be nice, but once I got to really know the JWs I resolved to blow my own head off if I should ever be unlucky enough to survive armageddon. They are the most unloving, backbiting gossipers I've ever known. I heard a number of times that elders would have a hand in assigning which plots of land people would get in paradise, so I was convinced I would likely get some rocky slope, or perhaps a parcel of swampland. We all know they would take the best for themselves and their favourites, right?

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit