Argument with Mom

by crapola 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• crapola
    crapola

Well, I faced the music so to speak with dear old Mom last night. I'm giving up my eternal life! HA I've heard that the Big A is right around the corner since I was 5 yearsold. Like to scared the crap out of me when I was young. Them it finally got to the point of what the heck! That's the longest darn corner I've ever seen.I'm just trying to survive this change and at least live the last half of my life in some sort of peace. I'm tired of feeling scared shitless! Whoops! I'm sick of having to prove to everyone elsa that I'm a good person. You don't have to go to all those meetings to be a good person. All that matters to me right now is that my kids are happy and good adults and my grandchildren will not have to face what my poor kids did growing up as Witnesses. I'm going to enjoy their birthdays, which as far as I can see were very happy events and I can see no reason what so ever for not acknowledging it.

One thing that does bother me is the fact that my Mom is getting old and I don't like knowing that I've hurt her. She is really sincere in what she beleives and thinks I'm going to die.But i can't live my life anymore to please her.

• real one
    real one

you are so correct we cannot live our lives trying to please anyone, except God! I hope you are finding out who God is and trying to serve him.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Good for you crapola. It is scary to face other's fears. Just keep showing and telling your mom that you love her.

And your grandkids are fortunate to have Grandma at their birthday parties. That is all my kids want, family BBQ's for their parties. But neither grandma will be there.

momz

• dinah
    dinah

crapola,

I understand what you mean about your mother. It broke my mother's heart when I left "the truth". She raised me as a Witness. When my children were born, she pushed me harder to get reinstated. Just the thought of my children being raised in that religion makes me want to throw up.

It doesnt do any good to argue. Actually, I've never really tried. So far she still speaks to me and I don't want to do anything to change that, so I just nod and smile alot.

• parakeet
    parakeet

crapola wrote: "One thing that does bother me is the fact that my Mom is getting old and I don't like knowing that I've hurt her. She is really sincere in what she beleives and thinks I'm going to die.But i can't live my life anymore to please her."

I had that same argument with my mother almost 30 years ago. If your mom brings up the topic again (and she will), ask her what your chances would be of surviving Armageddon if you went back to the JWs without any real faith, but just to please her. What would Jehovah think of that kind of "faith." You'd be toast at the fictional big A anyway. Good luck to you.

• Maddie
    Maddie

With my son who is a JW I just try to talk with him about everything else a part from the JW's. He knows how I feel and I have told him straight the things that I found out i.e. the UN, false prophecies, paedophile cover-ups etc. You could just change the subject when she says about Armaggedon but still live your life the way you want to.

Maddie

• loosie
    loosie
    Mom is getting old and I don't like knowing that I've hurt her.

you haven't hurt her. You didn't hit her or beat her.

What you did do is choose to live my what you think is right. That doesn't hurt anyone. SHE is choosing to be hurt. You have no control over that.

She should be happy that you are happy and that you are a good person. You have done nothing to hurt her. Don't let someone else's guilt control your feelings.

• MOG
    MOG

I wouldnt worry about hurting your mom..Was her mom a JW as well (your grandmother or grandparents)..if they are not, did she hurt them with becoming a JW..Probably not...so she should react the same way they did..Please dont forget that shunning is a guerilla attack to get you back to the religon, it never is because you come back because GOD wants you to, its because of the punishment and loss. Once you get over that hump, as many of have..It becomes a clearer that maybe youd wish you had done it sooner...for some of us..nto so much for me..I left at 17-18..

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I'm in the same boat, too. I've told my mom why I stopped going to the KH and Assemblies, but she thinks I'm "abandoning" God. She won't listen to the voice of reason.

But I can't simply go because she wants me to. My faith requires me to read and learn about God from the bible, not from performing zombie-like behavior..

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Good for you, I missed my daughters birthdays and it makes me dam mad now, but not any more.

http://www.southwestbiblestudents.net/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit