A Difficult time...........

by ScoobySnax 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Had a bit of a day. Its so very hard trying to justify yourself to all those you love, don't you find that?. Mum has been so good recently towards me about my fella, she keeps a quiet sort of disaproval as its not "in line with the truth" and it's funny, but I do love her still for being that way. Last night, I was chatting with Nick about it all and he is so supportive too. One line he said was "Look, even if the truth is the truth, I am ruled out already because I'm gay as you are, but I love you anyway" I didn't know how to answer that one. Mum said today "Look I want you to go back to the meetings, you know Jehovah still loves you, and I do too, I am not going to judge you as you are my son and I love you whatever, but know I worry all the time" I felt so torn. That is a difficult place to be in. I love my mum and I love Nick too, I also have a respect for the Witnesses............Sometimes it's all so bloody difficult.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Scooby,

However much you love yer mum - and rightly so - there's a significant other in your life who deserves your attention and loyalty. Life is a series of trade-offs and I'm hoping you'll find happiness in its pursuit. The WT and its over-the-top methods and interpretations of life's every detail no longer rule in my life.

To thine own heart be true ...

CoCo

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

What is she worried about? Your destruction at armaggedon - or something else? Just curious. But I like to push issues, I'd probably have asked that had it been my parents.

It can be a rough spot to be in. Loving your parents and them loving you back, even if their religion tells them that doing so is wrong. I'm glad to know she still acknowledges it even if she quietly disapproves.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thanx for those comments, I'm just not sure about any of it really.................

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

interested in anyones views

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Dont feel bloody guilty! Live your life and be free...when ever I need to talk to my mum I feel un-easy and nervous. It's just not fair on us.

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, you. I just happened to be browsing here, and if you check my topic, you can see my view of this whole matter. It has changed radically since I stopped posting.

All the best to you, Scoobs, I am sorry you are going through this mental mind-f***. It is torture for the soul.

xo

tal

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

JW's will never accept you as you are. Don't respect them, see them for what they are; bigots. You are no different than anyone else on this board. In the minds of JW's, you are not good enough for them, because you will not and probably cannot become something that you are not. And they do not have the truth. Keep reading, and you will see what an evil, corrupt organization that it really is. You can love your mom, but don't believe anything she has to say about your relationship with God or your eternal future. She is only spewing what she has been spoon fed by the evil empire. Good luck and God bless. Your friend seems to be a great guy, btw. Be happy for that.

• RAF
    RAF

Difficult situation to handle but you are loved and you do love too Scooby ... somehow it's all good on that matter.

take care

Kisses

• real one
    real one

You must put God first in your life. your mother only wants what is best for you.if you do not like the Kingdom Hall because of the false religion go to a church and talk to a preacher try, a non-denominational church. the jw may not be a true christian sect but all that they preach is not false.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit