Does God Really Care About Man?

by TooBad TooSad 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

For several years I have really been struggling with this question and I hope that my friends here

at JWD Land can help me get my head straight. When I was an active JW I prayed several times a day

and thanked Jehovah for my food, my health, my family, my job, etc. I failed to realize that by doing

that it was rather presumptive on my part because I was putting myself above other JW's who lost

their jobs, some were dying of cancer, and some had very little to eat. If I had the things I thanked God for

then would that mean that God was blessing me and not my brothers who were struggling? Today JW's

think that they are God's Special People and that they have God's special blessing and that He watches

out over them. If that were the case why would God allow His people to be victims of murder, rape (even

by pedophiles in the congregation), and to loose their jobs? I know a pioneer brother who died of cancer

and it took him 4 painful months to die and he left behind 1 child with no life insurance. The congregation

prayed for his recovery in the beginning but our prayers fell on deaf ears. There was a case

a couple of years ago where 4 JW's were killed in a car accident while going from door to door preaching

about God. If we thank God for what we have in prayer are we putting ourselves above those that don't have

the daily necessities? Does God bless some people and not others or are we all just victims of circumstances?

If God doesn't do things to help us directly then what is the purpose of prayer? I need your input.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

TooBad TooSad

• White Dove
    White Dove

I've often wondered the same thing. Why would god bless me and not another more worthy person? I have decided that god does not care, that he allows us to fulfill our own prayers but takes the credit for the work. Have you ever noticed that prayers are answered mostly through other people's or our own actions? Try this: say a prayer to yourself, not to god, and work toward the fulfillment of that prayer, which is what we are all told to do anyway, and see if your prayer gets answered. If so, we really are responsible for getting what we need. There is always the human element involved. Most prayers are answered through human means.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

White Dove,

Thank you for your insight! Perhaps those that have good health eat healthy foods and

exercise and those that have plenty of food to eat also are good workers who their

employer values. Many in the Hall that I go to, who don't have a lot of good luck

are part time school bus drivers and window washers because they prefer to go from

door to door more than work a good full time job. Again thanks for your comments.

TBTS

• 5go
    5go

You don't want to hear this but hear it goes anyway. If there is a god he doesn't give a crap about man. Now if there are gods, there might be disagreement about how mankind should be dealt with. Which explains the divine way better to me.

• White Dove
    White Dove

You're welcome. It was only after I dropped the whole "god cares about us and depend on him" idea that my prayers to me got answered because I quit depending on an outside source to care for me. I depend on me, maybe not as much as I could, but I don't blame anyone like the devil for problems or expect anyone to give me everything. I pray to god and get no answer. I pray to myself (not a Christian type prayer but you know what I mean) and I get them all answered. It's so liberating. I had the hardest time understanding that we can't blame the devil for our mistakes but we can blame the devil for government leaders' mistakes and badness. That left it open for "are we accountable or not?"

• Plummet
    Plummet

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipoten. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God. - Epicurus

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

God only cares that we serve Him no matter how many problems He succeeds in heaping on us. He will never, but never, remove them no matter what. (All the prayers that supposedly "prove" that He cares have already been written so He has no need to answer any more, and were for His nefarious purposes to be fulfilled). Rather, He will add some more so He can test us that we might serve Him anyway.

If we succeed, He will add even more problems until total failure. Upon which He will declare us worthless and useless, and hand us our adverse judgment. Something tells me that all the people who will ever receive a good judgment have also been written in the Bible as stock examples so no new ones will ever be needed, and yet He will be able to point to them and tell us that we have a "chance".

• heyfea
    heyfea

The concept of being faithful to God no matter how tragic our lives are in order to prove Him that we really love him, never made sense to me. If you are a parent, would you expose your child to terrible pain just to see if he will still love you at the end of the test? Surely not. The only thing any human who was abused by his parents would ever have at the end is hate. Then why does God do it to us?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Then they say we should not blame god for our problems. If we followed the WTS's advice on how to live our lives, we will have problems, which "prove" that we must be doing something right.

• real one
    real one

God loves all of us. We must first go to God and repent from our sins and accept Jesus as our personal savior sincerely in our hearts before God will approve of us. There are no works that we can do to be approved of by God. The gift of eternal life is just that a gift of God's mercy to us. We are not worthy of God's grace but He gives it to us anyway. You have to believe this Gospel in order to be saved and redeemed to God. You must also pray for God's Holy Spirit to help you understand the Bible and also He helps us cultivate a deep relationship with God. Jehovah's Witnesses teach that only the 144,000 are to be saved but i am here to tell you that this gospel is for everyone! Yes, the entire Bible was written for all of us.

Jesus God's own son was treated cruely and killed. He was perfect, no sin. God allows us to go through tests sometimes to make us stronger. if it dont kill me it will only make me stronger. ever heard that? Sometimes we go through things and pray to God to take it away but he dosent. He does however give us the strength to endure it. Paul is a goood example of this. He had a thorn in the flesh that he prayed to have removed but God did not remove it. We make a mistake when try to understand the mind of God. Human reasoning gets us nowhere compared to God's wisdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit