They Keep You In By Using Guilt!

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If a woman can swim over shark infested waters to make meetings (back and forth every week), a Witness can make a meeting unless they are literally dead!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Even when I thought I was doing everything as best I could and as nearly perfect as a Bethelite could get... bam, there was still something. Learning a foreign language and working on the service committee of a nightmare congregation wasn't enough, you should also use your Bethel vacation time to auxiliary pioneer or go where the need is greater. Everyone should have at least one progressive study. More, more, more. Postpone everything because the end is soooo close. Don't even think of having a personal life.

Excuse me... I need to go take my anti-anxiety meds again. Lots of us do, you know.

• Son of a preacher man
    Son of a preacher man

At my wifes fathers funeral one elder said to her " you really need to come back to the meetings or you will never get to see your father again" Her loud and disgusted retort was "if this is one of your newer recruiting methods you people make me sick to the stomach". Gotta love the lack of tact and emotional blackmail.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I'll second that! There's no wonder there was so many people depressed in the cong. A lifetime of guilt is going to affect you in some negative way surely.

LFCv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit