My father is an arss!!

by feenx 16 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

You know....I realize that my father isn't the most personable person, but good God we dont talk that often, and I just called to ask him a couple questions about my grandmother because I've started to do my family tree...he was just really cold. And when he didn't ask why I was wanting this info I said, "The reason I'm asking is because I've started my family tree." His reply? "Ok."

Would it kill him to at least FEIGN a little excitement to talk to his only child, despite the fact that I'm DF'd? I know that tone of voice of his...it's the same tone he uses with telemarketers.

F*cker.

• ninja
    ninja

I hated to find out I had a family tree....i thought my family were human ....not plants

• dawg
    dawg

Family trees in the South don't branch out! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    Family trees in the South don't branch out! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Daddy told me that our family tree didn't fork.

• oompa
    oompa

next call...tell him you lopped his limb off and put a copper band on it........................oompa

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I'm sorry that your father isn't treating you like a human being. My mother does that to me as well.

Think of it as him just being brainwashed, not a F*cker.

LS

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

No, your father is not an arss.

He is an ASS. That is no way to treat a son.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

That is awful. I love my kids unconditionally and would never be like that because some ill-conceive jc said i should. I am sorry he does this to you.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Grrr, that bites.

I feel so sorry for your dad being all psychologically tied up, too.

Good for you in taking the onus for being in touch.

His love may be tangled up at the moment,

but no one and nothing can stop your love from getting through.

• Son of a preacher man
    Son of a preacher man

My father (elder man) has seen his grandchildren once in ten years....his choice not ours. But the good jw daughter - that mind you lives in another country - gets two visits in less than 6 months when her child was born...go figure. When we asked if we could visit with the kids we were told " its not a good time...I think the CO may be here then".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit