Memorial Talk

by Poztate 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

Can anyone get hold of the memorial talk for this year ?? I have to assume it would be a new talk since they have reopened the heavenly calling once again.

It would be refreshing to have them urge the audience to participate of the bread and wine instead of passing on it.

I don't think it will happen that way. I still think most of the meeting will still be to discourage partaking.

However if they don't...The numbers will without fail go up...

If that happens it will be only a matter of time before "New Light"™ will be that the 144,000 is a symbolic number.

How do you think this Memorial will play out???

• ninja
    ninja

the wine bill is about to increase.....and by that I mean the rank and file are going to have to get pissed to swallow the crap they are spouting now

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    the wine bill is about to increase.....

Wouldnt that be hysterical if they only said not to partake because they are too cheap to buy enough wine for everyone?

• Undecided
    Undecided

I have an old memorial talk that I did back in the 60's recorded. Haven't listened to it in a long time, just discovered it a while back among a bunch of tapes I had recorded at assemblies, etc.

Ken P.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Is it that time of year again?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Memorial Talk

Jesus opened the way for humans to enjoy eternal life -------- 75 seconds

The emblems represent Jehovah's provision for obedient mankind --------------- 45 seconds

Pass the crackers "better not take a bite" ----------------- 2 minutes

Pass the kool-aid "better not sip it" ------------------ 2 minutes

The Faithful Slave has been appointed to oversee these provisions ----------------------- 40 minutes

Pray in Jesus' name ------- depends on how many non-JW relatives and 'Bible' studies the preyer has guilted into coming

• lrkr
    lrkr

I have the outline that has been used for the last ??? 7 ?? years. We'll see if its different this year. Previous outline- written by someone with severe ADD.

• Son of a preacher man
    Son of a preacher man

Who as a kid was shitting themselves they would either

A. spill the wine or

B. some uncontrolable urge would overtake them and they would drink the wine or have a nibble as the bread went past?

I did or I would stress the whole night one of my younger siblings would have a slurp as it went gliding past.

One of my brothers would always whisper in my ear when I had the wine in my hand "its really blood you know". and it would freak me out.

• DJK
    DJK
    Wouldnt that be hysterical if they only said not to partake because they are too cheap to buy enough wine for everyone?

Wouldn't it be hysterical if they said "BYOB".

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

How cool would that be? You could carry in several copies of the talk and pass them around so everyone can follow along.

Or you could memorize it and whisper what he's about to say...or look up the scriptures, before he mentions what they are. Everyone will think your psyshic.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit