WT Comments (2/25 RESPONDING) FEATURING AK-JEFF

by V 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

How come they don't relate the experiences of my local congregation? How come these following experiences never made the Watchtower study?

Three Ministerial Servants( in a 2 year period)were disfellowshipped for cheating on their wives. They left their wives and children and moved in with their new girlfriends. None of them to this day pay child support and all 3 sisters moved in with their parents because they can't make ends meet.

Great job ALLTIMEJEFF!

R&R, They weren't included because that's par for the course! They have to highlight whatever good news there is, because things like what you describe happen too often...

Way to NAIL paragraph 11, AllTimeJeff! It was a recycled study; more like a vehicle for the What Lies Can We Make Up From Scripture Does the Bible Really Teach? book.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks V and all posters for your insight. Another lesson compiled from previous WTs and Kingdom Miseries makes for lackluster material.

AllTimeJeff, fine job ! I bet Wally Liverance and Mark Noumair are turning over in their graves right about now .

Brother Jeff, I'd like to comment right away on Q1, 2) How did early Christians respond to Jesus' prophecy that the good news would be preached in all the inhabited earth?:

Early Christians blazed a trail in preaching in all the inhabited earth by trekking off to India and China. They built boats and sailed to Australia, as well as North and South America to preach to the natives in those lands. Oh, wait, nevermind. I guess the Christian inhabited earth was only in part of the Roman Empire. So, I guess their response wasn't that great.

How about Q3) What results are being obtained today by Kingdom proclaimers in their preaching activities, and how does that make you feel?

Everybody thinks Jehovah's Witnesses are some kind of wacky doomsday cult. I makes me feel like I belong to a wacky doomsday cult.

These are pretty easy. Q4) Who are responding to the Kingdom message?:

Some repond by yelling, "Go away you crazy cult people!". Some crazy people decide to join the cult.

I'd also like to comment on Q11) Why do we keep returning to visit people?:

Easy, we keep returning because our cult leaders tell us to.

How about Q19) Why is the preaching work so urgent?:

Because our cult leaders have been telling us it's urgent since 1878 or so.

And finally Q20) What should each of us be determined to do?:

We should be determined to do whatever the cult leaders tell us to do.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Nicely done - but it may have been credited to the wrong Jeff.

Jeff

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

V....You Light keeps getting brighter and brighter! LOL

Thanks for sharing!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Wow, you tackled a thought study. There was so little in this article to critique because there was so little. Good job finding the little nuggets of s**t and pulling them out. So far it looks like the "special" study watchtower mag is fairly inocuous. Maybe there setting the R&F up for later beatings by going into it easy at first.

LD

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Poor V. I know he must be so busy that he gave me credit for this write up. I submitted one on missionary life that will be ready in a few weeks. AK Jeff, if this is yours, great article!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    AK Jeff, if this is yours, great article!

Thanx. I look forward to your article.

Jeff

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    As you say, this is recycled stuff.

Right you are!

Besides being cut and paste from prior Kingdom Ministries and magazines, this article (along with last week's) was given as talks during the Saturday morning symposium for the 2006 "Deliverance at Hand" District Conventions. Yes, rehash.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

As a result of the fervent witnessing of Jesus' disciples in Jerusalem, thousands of people, including "a great crowd of priests," flocked to the first-century congregation.

Early missionaries helped many more to embrace Christianity. Philip, for one, went to Samaria, where crowds paid attention to his words. Paul traveled widely with various companions, preaching the Christian message in Cyprus, parts of Asia Minor, Macedonia, Greece, and Italy. In cities where he preached, multitudes of both Jews and Greeks became believers. Titus carried on a ministry in Crete. Peter was busy in Babylon, and by the time he wrote his first letter, about 62-64 C.E., the activity of the Christians was well-known in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia.What exciting times those were! So zealous were those first-century Christian preachers that their enemies claimed that they had "overturned the inhabited earth."

All of the above that happened, 2000 years of humans living on the earth, and at the very most only 90,000 true Christians were found.

Then in the 1900's 50,000 + true christians pop up thanks to Charles Russell.

He did better than Jesus and the apostles combined.

Just read your story Jeff. Amazing ! Good luck in the future.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is amazing that someone was able to type up the whole article, as boring as it was. They are supposed to return to people that are not interested, and then wonder why they get pepper sprayed or a dog sicced on them (some people are NOT INTERESTED). And they are supposed to go back no matter what, on some cult book that falsely tells what they want people to think the Bible teaches.

For sure, all the examples that are cited are fake. This is designed so that people who run into those who are violent are supposed to keep calling back (and they are lucky if it's just pepper spray). Those who are materialistic are also not going to be willing to part with hard-earned money just so it can all go into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

Hoping for a loss? They want people to keep calling back, since they can prey on someone that loses a family member, a job, or their health. To me, that is how a vulture works. People that lose their job do not need something that is going to take all their time (they need it to find another job, especially now that we are in a full-blown depression that is going to start featuring massive inflation). They do not need what little money they have saved to be wasted on gas for field circus, nor do they need it all to go into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. And, if they lose family members, pioneering is not going to solve anything.

I, for one, will not be going back on my own. I wonder when they are going to start having people physically dragging or carrying people into the Kingdumb Hells. Now, I hope they end up getting more serious criminal charges--and that Theocraptic Warfare strategy fails them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit