"Deal Buster" beliefs which prove it ISN'T the truth

by gaiagirl 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Superslave
    Superslave

A couple of years ago they had a WT study on education and how bad and immoral it all is and how you are going to commit fornication if you go to college or unversity ect. It pushed me to the limit as I watched elders in my own cong who had unversity educations agree with the WT.

I also hated there view on women. We single ones shouldmarry elders?

Sorry people cant turn off the damn highlighter

I told many what I thought about all this and it didn't go down very well as we had just had a brother DF for aposty

In the end I moved congs for a new start but I could see that there was a real arrogant atitude in my new cong and it drove me nuts. Unless you did over the 10 hours a month you were nothing.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Choosing life is spot on!

It is their claim to LOVE!

It is their claim that by this you will know the people of God!

In effect it is intellectualised emotion bereft of feeling that they speak of.

When you realise the love is missing you are left with a headfull of idealogy to unravel before ever getting back to the place you ceme from before you went along with them.

Their love is so conditional it becomes non existent in terms of what my feelings know to be love.

I'm sure many of you understand that!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I agree with what's already stated. To pick one belief:

"Millions Now Living Will Never Die" title of booklet published 1920

"Hence, some of the generation alive in 1914 C.E. must be among the people to witness Jesus’ completing his conquest and taking full control of earth’s affairs. That also means that many now living have the opportunity never to die." - From p. 163 of Is This Life All There Is? published 1974

Their 'generation' has turned out to be at least three generations of false prophecy, misleading hopes, and outright lies.

I'll add...

I served in Bethel for over a decade. At first I thought some Bethelites were petty and not very spiritual. Over time, as I 'moved up the ladder', I found that all the way to the top of the crap, er, I mean Corp., they're petty and not very spiritual.

As time passed, I clearly saw more and more beliefs as deliberately misleading falsehood. My own life and unhappiness was a consequence of believing their corp, er, I mean crap, about the "blessings" of singleness, no children, no college, full-time service, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit