Your Pretend Shrink is Back - Share Your Problems - I'll Help if I Can

by flipper 59 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Hello everyone. Well it's been about 2 to 3 months since I did a thread like this , so how have you all been doing in life? Relax , pull up a chair and your favorite cocktail , and tell me your problems - or at least how life is treating you. We can make this a humorous thread or it can be serious , it's up to you. I just want to help you get through the rough patches with my armchair version of humorous psychology , and I promise not to offend anyone. But I'll try to make you laugh with my responses to your situations - to help you get through them easier. Also, I'll give serious responses as well - for those who need that too ! So, lay it on me , how's life been going ? So let's talk - perhaps myself and others here who respond can help you as well ! I don't claim to have all the answers in life - but I am a good listener with a halfway normal cerebellum implanted in my brain ! So, lay it on me, I look forward to your stories ! Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper !

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Mr. Flipper,

I attend only 2 meetings per month. I walk in 1 minute before the song starts and leave as soon as possible. I make up an excuse that my wife is visiting her mother nearby and that she is waiting in the parking lot for me. What other excuses can I use since this one is getting old?

• yumbby
    yumbby

Mr. Flipper,

This is actually my brothers problem, not mine. He recently married, about 6 months ago and just recently realized he made a terrible mistake. Its not that she is a bad woman, but she has completed melded into a zombie. Her whole entire life revolves around him, she has no opionins of her own, her hobbies are whatever hobbies his are, she basically just lives to make him happy. And its making him miserable. He no longer has an identity, she wants to be with him 24/7, thinks everything they do should be done together.

Okay. The problem. He told her he wants to split up. She just pretends he didn't say it. He says I want to break up and she says NO. We aren't breaking up. She then gets up makes dinner, cleans the house, polishs his shoes etc. (you get the picture).

How can he get out of this relationship without literally picking her up and tossing her out of the house? She is in total and complete denial. He doesn't want to act like an asshole.

Thanks!

• megaflower
    megaflower

any advice on how to get past the disgust and loathing toward the WTS for the 20 years they stole and the family relationship I lost during that time with my sister. I sometimes wonder how I will react if I ever see "one of fthem" on the street or in a store. I do know that I will not speak to them. I guess it would be a reverse shunning.

• flipper
    flipper

RULES and REGULATIONS - You could say a variety of things to keep them off your back ! Here are a few !

1. Your wife is starving to death and Jehovah says you must provide her necessities ;have to go food shopping .

2. Your wife is lonely and really needs your company tonight since she is suffering from the blues.

3. You have a very important business appointment right after the meeting or you won't make ends meet !

4. If it's a night meeting say - gotta run, getting up early for work in the morning. Or you could say, my employer changed my shift ; gotta go home and get ready for work I work graveyard shift tonight.

5. Tell them you have to rush home and throw up - due to gorging on too much spiritual food !

6. Tell them your wife wants you to get home fast to share the notes you took at the meeting with her !

7. If you have kids , tell them " It's unloving of me to make my wife stay home with the kids alone . Gotta run ! "

8. Tell them I just caught a cold , then sneeze for effect , you don't want to give it to them.

9. Tell them a long lost relative just stopped by, haven't seen them in years , you need to hurry !

10. Just tell them the truth - you just want the hell out of there ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• wings
    wings

Mr. Flipper, I am 9 months out of a five year fade. Since I have been here on JWD I have been working on being real, being me. A five year fade can really mess you up, I'm sure you know what I mean. I have always thought of myself as a nice person, don't get me wrong, nice seems kind of benign to me. However, I seem to be doing a flip of sorts. I am snort laughing at crude humor, learning how to cuss on a site that doesn't allow it, and I seem to have a smart ass edge to my posts. I'm so confussed!!!

Please help.

• flipper
    flipper

YUMBBY- It sounds as if your brothers wife cannot deal with reality. Perhaps she needs to go to marriage counseling with him to see how her clinging behavior is driving him nuts ?! She obviously is disconnected with acknowledging emotions - his emotions or hers ! From her comment saying, " No, we are not breaking up".From that statement you can see she is also controlling and passive/aggressive. By her comments I would be worried if I was your brother that if he leaves her - she may stalk him, or do something radical to him , or herself. Either way , she needs to be helped to see to save the marriage she has to acknowledge his feelings - only professional counseling and therapy can do that if they have talked and failed to solve it themselves ! Hope this helps !

MEGAFLOWER- I understand the bitterness you feel. I experienced similar things with some of my witness relatives. You need to build up other friendships with non-witnesses , people you meet now . Also, educate yourself on how your relatives were " mind controlled " . It will help you understand how they were manipulated by mind control - and it will aid you to not take their shunning as personal , when you see that ANYBODY is able to be mind controlled. And it will doubly assist you to see how you yourself were " mind controlled " so as to understand how it happens. So- it's part of the healing in educating ourselves ! I really recommend reading , " Combatting Cult Mind Control " by Steve Hassan , and reading " Crisis of Conscience " by Raymond Franz. These books will help you understand why you and your family have gone through these things. Good luck ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

WINGS- Sounds like you've been reading too many of my posts ! LOL! Don't berate yourself for laughing at crude humor, occasional cussing, and being a smart a$$ ! It's all healthy ! You are just loosening up a bit is all , enjoying life with vigor ! And in the process you are loosening the Anaconda grip the witness cult had on you my friend ! So, pull up a chair , drink life in one day at a time , be sarcastic, but don't hurt people , and you'll be just fine ! I don't see too much of a problem here at all ! You are just evolving and growing ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognac
    cognac

Ok... I'm trying to figure out how to unblock memories... I don't think anything to shocking to uncover, but, for some reason I block out large portions of time... I don't remember a lot of things that I should... Like the first time I kissed my husband and stuff. It's really weird... I hear all these stories of things that I did and I can't remember them. Some things I know happened but I can't actually remember it. I think maybe it's because I've always put on the backburner anything that doesn't involve "putting the kingdom first"... However, my grandmother had Alteimers and maybe I got something genetically from that. I don't know and I'm not to worried even if I do get that. My grandmother was one of the happiest people I've ever known... Guess I'm just curious...

Anyways, I'm looking into hypnosis... I did some meditation yesturday. I'm on fast-forward constantly so it calmed me a bit...

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Ok so I am confused. So tomorrow night I want to get a 24 of beer. Now here is where the confusion starts. Should I get a fine Canadian brew,a lovely British import, or a fine European brew?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit