* * * * Band Stand or Soul Train? * * * *

by FlyingHighNow 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

QUE? the ONLY reason I know about those shows was because of some channels that played really old shows at the crack of dawn as filler before the days programming got started. Ha ha old people are funny.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Ha ha old people are funny.

Thanks from any old people here!

Hope4Others

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Old. It happens to the lucky. And it beats the alternative. Unless you live by, "Die young: stay pretty."

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I loved them both. Got hooked on American Bandstand in the 50's and Soul Train in the 70's.

I used to know who everyone was on AB back then.Used to rush home from school and watch it every day! I knew who was going with who and who the best dancers were. It was a blast.

Then Soul train came along and I loved that. It used to come on Sat. morning I think.

Snoozy..who votes for both so I guess that zero's my vote out..

• evita
    evita

Soul Train, definitely. I was totally into funk/R&B. Loved the music, dancing, even the bizarre Don Cornelius.

This was a big problem when my mom became a JW (I was 13.) At first I just had to endure her disparaging comments on the sexy dancing which was my favorite part - hehe.
    Eventually I was forbidden to watch it.

After leaving the dubs in my early 20's, I went out and bought every Rufus album available and literally wore them out. Making up for lost time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit