Rahab lied should be Disfellowshiped! Stupidest Watchtower logic ever!

by Witness 007 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Rahab hides 2 Isrealite spies in the attic and then full on Lies!! Yet James 2;25 says:"Rahab the Harlot was declared righteous by her works."

Joshua 2;5 ....I did NOT know from where they were {lie No.1}.....by dark the men went out {lie No.2} ...I do not know where the men have gone."{lie No.3}

Awake 00 2/8 P.21 "....a willful liar is a danger to others and would be disfellowshiped."

Watch 93 12/15 p.25 "What about Rahabs misleading words {lies!} to pursuers of the spies? God APPROVED of her course. While malicious lying is wrong in Jehovah's eyes, a person is not obligated to divulge truthful information to those who are not entitled to it. Even Jesus did not give full details or direct answers..." Notice how they tap dance around the issue! Jesus never flat out lied like Rahab!

Watch 56 2/1 p.80 "....was she immorally lying there? {Yes!} Remember that there was war then..{so what} The enemies did not deserve the truth...in wartime it is proper to misdirect the wolfish enemy."

There you go folks. During war you can lie your head off "No Sir, I'm not a Witness...I don't know any Witnesses." However, the rest of the time you can be disfellowshiped since "liars will not inherit the kingdom."

• dinah
    dinah

You can only lie when it is convenient for the WT.

Rahab was declared righteous or soemthing like that.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

And Rahab was a ho. She made a living lying here and lying there. What's a few more lies? Jehovah and Jesus both loved harlots... except that harlot 'Babylon the Great'... which isn't a real woman... and that was writen by John... so nevermind.

And don't draw parallels between bad JW logic and tap dancers. Has a tap dancer ever ruined you life with false prophecy, threats, and demands to go door-to-door? I seriously doubt it. So be nice to tap dancers... and maybe harlots, too.

But seriously, WT has new terminology that's started appearing for 'lies that are good'. I'm trying to find the right quote and start a thread on it one of these days.

Billy

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Theocratic warfare! Only lies in the service and furthurment of the borg are acceptable!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Lying is just as much a disfellowshiping sin as fornication so does that mean I can fornicate during times of "war" for the sake of the kingdom????

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

A good case can be made for lying to a Judicial Committee, seeing as how they are unbiblical and all. Theocratic warfare against Enemies of scripture.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Abraham lied and said Sarah was his Sister and she nearly got married to another man?????

• Superslave
    Superslave

Of course it ok for Gods people to lie, he does it all the time and often changes his mind.

You may only have one wife (except for leaders of a tribe or a king in my son's family line)

If you are found working on the sabath I will have you stoned to death (This of course does not apply to my son)

God really care for you! (Hmmm... I find that hard to believe as Ive missed a year of meetings and you and your faithful & discreet people have not even noticed)

I could go on but I can't be bothered. God is extremely partial for those who suck up.

• zagor
    zagor
    Rahab the Harlot was declared righteous by her works

Who can argue with that?!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

OK, one more blatant lie by the Watchtower Society. The Bible explicitly declared Rahab righteous, even though she was a prostitute and lied. She hid the people that were trying to scout the promised land, and that was the "work" that proved her righteous (according to the Bible, which the Watchtower Society claims to follow).

No, I do not personally believe that the nation of Israel was righteous (they were forcing their way into an occupied land, and were going to kill people for not worshiping God). However, Rahab was not among those attempting to kill those in the land. Of course, her life was spared (again, because she chose to worship God and help those attempting to conquer those who were minding their own business). However, the argument is that the Watchtower Society claims to follow the Bible, the Bible explicitly calls Rahab righteous, and they now want to disfellowship Rahab.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit