"Going where the need is greater" website *GAG ALERT*

by crazyblondeb 18 Replies latest members private

• Gayle
    Gayle

In the 60's & 70s, many went to where the need was greater,came back, broke, sick and very disappointed.

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

A lot of those countries are extremely poor, like Ecuador, Honduras, Haiti, Mexico. I know personally people that dont have enough money to feed themselves on a daily basis. People in Haiti eat mud, yes you heard it right mud, dirt, they actually cook it and make cookies out of it, to fill their bellies.

How ignorant is it, some idiot in a White Shirt and tie comes and tries to teach the Bible to people that cant even afford to eat. You see the picture on the home page, the Haitians have a grass hut in the background, and don't even have clothes to wear.

I dunno, I just think it sucks........the Red Cross, Christendom Missionaries, Salvation Army, all of these humanitarian organizations that the WT detest's, go in and provide food, water, shelter and a Bible...basic needs for survival. But WTBTS comes in and brings magazines for them to read; without food and water are they really going to care what it says in a freaking ragazine?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Did you know they even have a "united brotherhood webring"?

Here are sites from all over the world!!

http://www.latindimples.com/myraidsofbrothers

• heathen
    heathen

I'm willing to bet the WTBTS does a little more than just give them magazines , but in any event they probably taste better than mud. It always amazes me how an island nation can't fish the ocean enough to feed people.

• yknot
    yknot

Ignorance can be Blissful

Less then a year ago that was my empty-nestor plan. Money was being saved. Languages were being masterd. Teaching English as a second language certificate was being sought. Connections to the country where I wanted to serve had been established secularly.

That plan/ dream is gone now, never to return.

Knowing the truth makes you responsible, living a lie is not an option. (Learned that in my first KH)

Fading is going strong. Actually most of the younger Elders already know why and wish me well.

I am going to be one of those rare fades........no real reprecussions.

My relatives, friends and I have spoke, we agree that my need for being bold (funny I learned that at kiddie TMS) in my convictions is not going to allow me to stay and drift along as a social witness. No one is upset, no one is trying to stop me. There will be no shunning. The case I presented was airtight as usual. The WTS was convicted of all charges. Soon (June 08) I will grace the religon of my birth no more.

I thank God yall are here. It will be scary because of the unknown, but I know I am not alone in my need to flee the organization corporation.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I dunno, I just think it sucks........the Red Cross, Christendom Missionaries, Salvation Army, all of these humanitarian organizations that the WT detest's, go in and provide food, water, shelter and a Bible...basic needs for survival. But WTBTS comes in and brings magazines for them to read; without food and water are they really going to care what it says in a freaking ragazine

You're absolutely right. I was a "need-greater" for several years in one of the countries listed on the page. However, I always tried to provide practical assistance to the locals. I know that many of the north americans wanted nothing to do with the locals, both JW and non-JW, if it didn't have anything to do with the ministry or the meetings. It was quite sad. Most wouldn't even invite the local JWs over to their home for fear that they might steal something or because they were "dirty". There are so many organizations in these countries that are providing help, including free classes to learn skills, with no strings attached. Also, there are so many disfellowshiped locals in a lot of those countries, its kind of sad. Most do not understand what they are getting into by becoming a JW. Most of these countries rely on family and have VERY close knit families. Well, like here in the US, a number of them are now divided due to the number of disfellowshipping.

Most folks go "serve" in another country because your money goes a lot further in some foreign lands. From my personal experience, very few are sincere about teaching the locals about God and the bible. You would also be amazed at the number of "need-greaters" that have lived in these countries for a few years and can barely speak the language.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I guess they are going to help where more people can fall for the scam. Hardly anyone in those areas has Internet access in their language, so they cannot check out those independent sources with the click of a mouse. So they will bring more in, inflating the numbers that are already perilously close to 7 million.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I love how they show beaches, sand, animals,cultures, all the things a pioneer never has time to see....SO HAVE A GOOD LOOK NOW!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Very interesting....My question is this: What does the Society think about this unauthorised website?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit