What makes a 'true' christian?

by Caedes 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Caedes
    Caedes

Even less of a paradox if you believe (as I do) that God doesn't have to explain any of His actions.

Sylvia

I quite agree, if god has just put us here to do the best we can and isn't planning any kind of eternal punishment or a kangaroo court judgement day.

If god is planning on judging people then I expect complete transparancy and openness in the judging process. If god cannot exceed human standards of honesty and fairness then he is a very sorry excuse for a god indeed.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Real one said Christianity is "love one another"...

Well so many other religions have this rule that you cannot identify christians by it. Pagans show love to others.

IMHO a "christian" is someone who believes in the salvation of Jesus Christ - that he is needed to save mankind and a Christian puts faith in this.

I must say, I've met and spoken to some Christians who are indefinable from Pagans except for a kind of afterthought about God choosing them or something. It doesn't make any sense to me. I really think that some of these individuals don't have the backbone to actually choose paganism (or some other faith) and for many reasons (social, psychological) they have to still cling to Christianity and saying publically that they are christian.

Some of these individuals even say they don't really believe in the bible. They reject it, but somehow still think that Christ is their saviour. My argument here is - how would you know anything at all about Jesus if not for that book? And these are people who go to church and have the community thinking they are a "good christian".

Sirona

• real one
    real one

a true christian is someone that obeys God's word, believes in Christ and tells others about Christ Jesus

• Caedes
    Caedes

RO,

Is it me or did the point of this thread just go sailing light-years over your head?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit