The day after Armageddon

by TooBad TooSad 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Ditto what MMO said. Great writing.

Except didn't Jesus say - "Pray that your flight not take place in winter" Matthew 24:20 (re: the great tribulation) I guess from the point of view of survivors, though, the great Armageddon in winter might be a good thing due to decaying carcasses taking longer to decompose. Just proves there's always a different angle on things, if you just think hard enough!

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Looks like some of you forgot what you learned about the post-Armageddon world. So let me clear up your erroneous thinking.

1) Survivors won't clean up the bodies. Birds and other animals will feed on your dead carcasses. Recall how the alligators had a feast on the victims of Katrina. Furthermore, did Noah and his 7 family members exit the ark to find rotting corpses everywhere?

2) Jehovah will make all survivors perfect. Perfect mind and body. Hence, the ability to come up with cleaner and more efficient sources of energy will be easy for a mere child. How much of our brains do we use now?

3) Having a perfect mind, why would any survivor want to live in an old and outdated house from that old sytem of things (Yes, my mind is already there)? No, we'll build new houses in our vineyards with far better materials and technology.

4) The sister that felt at a loss because her non-believing mate and dissed kids because they didn't come to their senses would quickly forget about them as she starts a new life with one of the many faithful menservants of Jehovah that will be resurrected (Abel - Franz).

5) Studying old issues of the Watchtower is foolish thinking. If Jehovah can use visions and dreams to communicate, do you really think he'll have difficulty distributing the New Scrolls that will be opened?

6) Being cold in the winter time is also an exaggeration. Afterall, while on earth, Jesus showed how much control he has over the elements. Not to mention, last I checked, a mere solution of fire plus water to create steam would work just fine. Hey! We could burn all of the crap you guys left behind! Books, furniture, photo albums, ect.

7) Sanitation? Running Water? Again, with my "inferior" brain I can come up with a holding tank on the roof filled with water from a pump and a septic tank and field out back. Let gravity do the work. Of course, we are smart enough to have Bro. Jeb and his backhoe dig the well at least 100 feet away from the septic field.

8) Food? Toilet Paper? C'mon people! Hunting, fishing, farming????

By the responses to this topic I really hate to see some of you pressed into survival mode! Geez!

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Beroean:

Concerning #1 on your list - NOT SO! You might want to enlighten the Zone Overseer about making comments that don't reflect proper Biblical teaching! I wasn't there personally to hear these comments at this particular time, but I have heard them ad nauseam over the years and have no reason to doubt whereami's recollection of the talk, so it must be official WT teaching....

He also said that the bodies will be from one end of the earth to the other, and that we have to bury them all. (I thought they were bird food (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dontknow.gif) ) he stated that the scriptures say that Gods people will bury the wicked, (he didn't state the scripture).

Oh, and no need to clear up our erroneous thinking. You may want to check yours!

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    2) Jehovah will make all survivors perfect. Perfect mind and body. Hence, the ability to come up with cleaner and more efficient sources of energy will be easy for a mere child. How much of our brains do we use now?

I have a problem with #2. Jehovah will NOT make all survivors perfect the day after Armageddon. So definitely they will have to come up with some ways to find sources of energy.

This story reminded me of an awful talk I heard a long time ago. In fact, it is very familiar to this story if it's fictional. The talk was entitled 500 years after Armageddon. And believe me up to this day it is hard to believe that the talk was sent from the Society. It was made to scare everybody off, instead of building the desire to be there. It essence described brothers finding their brothers dead and identifying them by their jewelery. 500 years after Armageddon a woman beating herself up because it was her fault that her son didn't survive. And I am about to have stomach aches, so I won't continue. But the truth of the matter is that either the Society has produced talks like these or the brothers that are assigned to the talk are sick and felt like changing it up a little bit, giving it their own way. It still might have affected a lot of people and that is not acceptable.

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN
    He also said that the bodies will be from one end of the earth to the other, and that we have to bury them all. (I thought they were bird food (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dontknow.gif) ) he stated that the scriptures say that Gods people will bury the wicked, (he didn't state the scripture).

Must be some pre-75 material. I've been around since the late 80's and i've never heard anything like that. Or, it was some isolated neophyte getting carried away. A basic study of the Bible would show that Jehovah's servants never had to clean up the bodies struck down from His divine judgment. Noah, Lot, 185,000 Assyrians, 607 BCE., 70 CE., ......Great Tribulation. One things for sure, we'll have some pretty nice looking grass from all of the fertilizer.

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

I have a problem with #2. Jehovah will NOT make all survivors perfect the day after Armageddon. So definitely they will have to come up with some ways to find sources of energy.

Well, I never said we'd be perfect the day after Armageddon. Frankly, most of us would be doing the Steve Martin "Happy" dance for the first 100 years. Afterall, we have FOREVER to do the other things.

Seriously, it really won't be that hard to live in a post-armageddon world. Robert Neville did it.

Check out the familiar building in the background.

http://iamlegend.warnerbros.com/media/images/downloads/wallpapers/IAL-Wallpaper15_1600.jpg

• jambon1
    jambon1

Anyone making plans to start their fantastic new life after the death of their husbands/parents/kids need a good clubbing over the head with a pick axe. It's just sick man. PS - clubbing someone to death with a pick axe is not sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit