BIGGEST EARTHQUAKE IN 25 YEARS HIT ENGLAND LAST NIGHT.

by Mr. Majestic 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Lived through one of the biggest earthquakes in 25 years last night.

5.2 on the Rickter scale. Anyone else feel it?

Things just about slightly wobbled in my room.

That is what I like about England. When something big happens, it is always f#ck all to worry about….

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

What I like about New Zealand....

....Holding on to each other so that you don't fall over during an earthquake.

....Fishing by an active volcano where the sulphur mixes with the mist to sting your eyes and corrode your tackle.

....Covering your car to keep ash off the paint.

....Knowing the secret spots where you can swim in hot waterfalls and creeks in winter.

Cheers

Chris

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl
    That is what I like about England. When something big happens, it is always f#ck all to worry about….

LOL! That is so true!

Anyway, I missed all the fun. All I felt at 1am was my two year old smiting me with his teddy.

• happehanna
    happehanna

Yes felt it here in the midlands.

All the neighbours were out in the street at 1am, very excited about it!

Thought I was being attacked by demonz at first ......shame really, might have been more fun

• happehanna
    happehanna

Yes felt it here in the midlands.

All the neighbours were out in the street at 1am, very excited about it!

Thought I was being attacked by demonz at first ......shame really, might have been more fun

• free2think
    free2think

I didn't feel anything.

But im glad everyone is ok.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg
    ....Fishing by an active volcano where the sulphur mixes with the mist to sting your eyes and corrode your tackle.

That must have hurt....

• Maddie
    Maddie

Biggest one in 25 years and would you believe I missed it !

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

i was at william Wallace's monument around then. Nothing

• Gill
    Gill

Cool!

I awoke before 1 am because our parrot was ringing her bell and going round and round her cage 'crying', something she never does and our cockatiel was flapping like crazy in his cage. I thought I'd nip into the toilet on my way down and suddenly thought that someone was hammering to get into the toilet desperately and started calling 'who's that?' and 'What's the matter with you?' Unlocked the toilet door and ran out onto the landing met by my husband! He says he heard the wardrobe doors banging continually and thought I was 'doing something'! (What exactly, I don't know, but if something goes wrong he tends to think it's my fault! Can't think why but I haven't caused any earthquakes recently!

Then, I realised it was an earthquake as the kids got out of bed and we tried to settle the birds down. Ended up we had to leave the light on for the poor birds for a couple of hours.....they were very upset!

Our youngest was upset that she missed the earthquake and she might have to wait till she's in her thirties for another to strike!

Glad everyone's all right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit