WERE THERE ANY NUISANCES IN YOUR KH?

by badboy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• JK666
    JK666

ONE NUISANCE IS PEOPLE SCREAMING ALL THE TIME, AND BEING TOLD ABOUT IT, THEY STILL DO IT!

JK

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

boring needy people with no boundaries, no gumption, no guts, who whine all the time and you had to pretend you liked them. Yeah.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

gossipers

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hortensia said it perfectly. Nothing needs to be added.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Peoplewise, plenty. Most were totally idiots. We had one that would act mentally retarded, and was a total turnoff. Others expected me to use totally unrelated knowledge to help the congregation with family matters (such as knowledge on mowing lawns at the correct height, which they lacked) after effectively banning me from having anything to do with the opposite sex aside from briefly running into them at the doors. And there were those whose very presence would make me feel like I am in prison.

The structure of the building was also problematic. The air is so dry that it caused severe chapped skin (and I wasn't the only one having that problem--there was more lotion there than in a cosmetic store). Chairs were designed to aggravate and even cause back problems (which even lifting heavy loads all night, using my back, didn't aggravate). It was always either too hot, too cold, or alternating (fluctuating temperatures because the climate control is not working properly is a total waste of energy). Lighting was ample--except in the lobby, where the announcements could be difficult to read for those with limited vision. The water fountain was wimpy--it might provide decent pressure for 2 or 3 seconds only to cut out totally (I bet they set it that way on purpose, since I have never seen this happen so consistently in a water fountain in my life).

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Yes, but I will admit that I work with some who aren't JW's also. Some days I like to picture what some of the weirdos I work near would be like in the KH. (Not my immediate workmates, that are actually almost all cool)

• StAnn
    StAnn

There were two families with children. They always sat in the front row. Their children had learned that going to the bathroom was the only way to escape the meeting. They went to the bathroom 10-12 times per meeting. No joke. There was constant traffic from the front row back to the bathrooms and back. I always wanted to buy them corks.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    There was constant traffic from the front row back to the bathrooms and back. I always wanted to buy them corks

I haven't laughed like this for a while.. I wish I had some more emotia cons!

Now I forgot my story!!!!!

Hope4Others

• fokyc
    fokyc

YES, ME according to the elders,

and I have that in writing from the PO

he wrote to the Branch about me and I obtained a copy of the letter,

using the Data protection legislation.

The letter was written about 10 years after I had last been to a meeting!

fokyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit