old wt libraries.

by zeb 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zeb
    zeb
    My wife (in) disturbed to see i had the old libraries for years past on the computer. She asked me to delete them this i have done.. anything to maintain her peace. She spoke about not necessary they are updated etc. What disturbs her so?
  • maksutov
    maksutov
    The further back you go, the more embarrassing the 'spiritual food'. JWs are scared of their own older literature, with good reason, and would rather it were forgotten.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

My immediate thinking is that she knows non-Witnesses are not permitted to receive copies of the sacred WT Library CD ROM, so that that is a major reason for her discomfiture, I would say!

Cults don't like their dirty laundry being visible to outsiders!

• Splash
    Splash

Perfect opportunity to ask how much to delete.

At what point do the teachings change from being food to being trash?

Should you have a yearly purge to get rid of everything over ten years old?
    If so what does that mean for today's teachings, in ten years time?

What about the books in the KHall library, should these be thrown away as well?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Have they like officially sent out a letter requesting that all the old literature be destroyed. I didn't know about this.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

You could tell her that "all the doctrinal sh*t before 2013 is now changed, would you like to compare darling?"

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

@ joe134cd : Yes. They sent out a letter on the subject of discarding "old Literature".

2012_11-17-E_BOE--Discarding_older_publications_in_congregation_literature_supply.pdf

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!r0VjHBJA

Use Key: YyXlL-FCCPHi5w_Kmf4N1D1Q1yct3eAlolzskkS2ePc

There is also a form for this.

List of Publications Approved for Discard (S-60).

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!vxNBTayB

Use Key: Htqa4t8VYTiZ574i9_jFS-nBkce-Kzw4n3r06NsuYm0

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    It's almost as if they have something to hide...
  • zeb
    zeb

warm thanks for the replies.

I couldnt open the links but thanks anyway. We havejust had a clean out due to some house rearranging and the discs of old libraries surfaced and she was alarmed to see i had put them aside! If anyone wants them send me a pm with post details.

• zeb
    zeb
    Offer accepted they are on their way yesterday 11-3-2015 to recipient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit