Anybody Watching "A Raisin in the Sun"?

by tall penguin 15 Replies latest jw friends

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I just finished watching it a while ago. How weird that must be for you! You brought light and friendship to that woman.

I think P Diddy tried really hard. I would watch anything Phylisha Ryshad was in. She is fabulous.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Its kind of exciting though, Its great there are more movies being made in Toronto? It seems to be a happening place. I'm in the middle of no where.

Hope4Others

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I did not watch it. Why? Because I'm a firm believer that there are some things that were done right the first time and that any attempt on redoing it would not only suck, but would border on the sacreligious. Remaking "A Raising In The Sun" is one of those things that was done right the first time and it can not be improved upon. Sidney Poitier performed his role to perfection. Anybody else would me a poor imitation at best.

Just like I wouldn't want to hear anyone remake "The Dark Side of the Moon" or reshoot "The Godfather". Or, if some joker was out there repainting all of Van Gogh's paintings. That would equally suck as well.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I agree about the remakes - leave the originals alone.

These young Black kids of today have no idea of the price their elders paid. Sacrilegious is right!

Sylvia

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    There is no way that any current black actor can take the place of Sydney Poiter

Yeah, only a current white actor could do the part justice!!! I think I know what u meant, it is just something else was implied.

• dinah
    dinah

P. Diddy gets on my last nerve, him and Kanye West should ride off into the sunset together.

Oh, now he wants to be called Sean Jean. They make Prince look sane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit