Hook Lines or Phrases Jehovah's Witnesses Use to Control You

by flipper 64 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Let's see if we can recall any circular reasonings: Many of these could be used to draw you into any system of belief.

When you look at ......... isn't it obvious God is a loving God?

Do you think that a loving God would ...............?

One example was, 'When you see your new born baby isn't it obvious God is a loving God?'

Followed by 'Do you think a loving God would let us just die and that be it, after some have suffered for no reason?'

Later on they mention how an animal can live a life of suffering and has no chance of afterlife which sorta turns their reasoning on its head!

In either event it's all pure speculation linked to human emotion - they don't then encorage you to find your own path but to follow thier mind control under pain of divine rejection and effectively throw you out after brainwashing many humans with years of their garbage and expect them to just sort themselves out! LOVE? LOL!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This may have been repeated in one form or another, but the one that drove me crazy was the one that went like this:

Therefore, It seems reasonable to conclude that.... They used this to make any statement and have it supported by the bible.

• flipper
    flipper

MARY- Oh yes- " The faithful and Discreet Slave says ...." . It's so true - they look at themselves as the final controlling word on things ! So strange they look to themselves as the final word on things , and not the Bible !

REAL ONE- " Where are you gonna go ? " Good one.

COGNAC- That's a really controlling statement what your mom said about doing the opposite the elders tell you !

ROBERT 7 - " If this system is still around ". Funny , very controlling statement - as if THEY know the system won't be here ?

WHITE DOVE- The WTS certainly does try to control our sex lives , don't they ?

R. CRUSOE- I like that one, " Do you think a loving God would.... ? " What a loaded question !

NEW YORK 44M- Oh yes , I remember this one, " It seems reasonable to conclude..... " That statement used to drive me crazy as well ! As if anything the WTS would be reasonable to trust ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

A twist on the "would you do this if jesus were standing here" tactic, a brother trying to encourage people to start telephone witnessing asked, "what will you say in paradise when Abraham asked you what telephone witnessing was like?" And the sad thing is, he got inside my head with that, and I almost tried it.

I didn't mind d2d, often enjoyed "street witnessing" but something about telephone witnessing I felt it was just the worst.

Oh and how about the guilt tripping illustration about driftwood, because noone ever sets out to leave jehovah's org, they just drift away. Likely because they didn't stay "in the middle of the congregation." That one is a fav of my aunt's, she used to say it to me.

• flipper
    flipper

SERENITYNOW- Hey, thanks for bumping this up ! I heard people trying to guilt us into doing something also by saying " what would Jesus do or think if he was here " lots of times. Also yeah, the " drifting " thing- I remember that as well. Good one. Staying in the middle of the organization. I also remember elders or C.O.'s using " getting too close to a waterfall " analogy too. I think they pulled these expressions out of their hats ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit