Hook Lines or Phrases Jehovah's Witnesses Use to Control You

by flipper 64 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

To control a person, or control a group of people , any cult , including Jehovah's Witnesses , have to gain your trust that they are THE authority on what you need to know. Even people have been known to use these " catch phrases " to gain trust , or " hook lines " as you'd call them to gain control over groups of people or individually in their own lives. See if you are familiar with these phrases which empower the sender of the phrase , but demands rapt allegiance from listeners to be the " gospel truth " without challenge , which can take the listeners power away. Some of these phrases have been in Witness publications , others perhaps just randomly used anywhere.

" I have it on good authority "

" As we all know "

" As it has been determined by study "

" I was informed by a reliable source "

" It really doesn't look good "

" Nobody has argued "

" This is common knowledge "

" Jehovah has evidently made sure "

" And We can be confident that "

" We can also believe "

So, you pretty much get my point. They are just lines or phrases people make so you totally believe what is being said as it's the final authority - without challenge. The Watchtower society uses these terms many times in assuming everyone reading will fall into line with their thinking. "Cult mind control" at it's best , or worst- depending on your vantage point. So , how do you folks feel about keeping an open mind , critically thinking mind in life ? Do you have other phrases or hook lines you have seen Witnesses use or people use in conversations to control you ? Since being out of the witnesses are you able to have a more open mind and are able to critically examine things ; so as to independently think and not be controlled by a man made organization or in fact people who want to control you as well ? As always I look forward to your answers and hearing stories of your journey's in this process we call life , and growing and learning. Hope you are all doing good

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

"all are enouraged to"

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"Honest hearted Christians understand that..."

• loosie
    loosie

"mature christians"

"marriage material"

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

'We should be grateful that. . .' (for example) we were just handed another sack of shit in the form of New Light from Mother.

'Where are the back doors on this car?'

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Favorite:

'Scientists have discovered. . .' (misquote of scientists) or

'Scientists have long known. . .' (another misquote)

• flipper
    flipper

Great responses, thanks !

FREQUENT FADER MILES- Good one ! Like all people really want to be " encouraged to " ! LOL!

ALMOST ATHEIST- Another good one ! So if we don't understand something we must not be " honest hearted christians " . LOL!

LOOSIE- " Mature Christians " - very good ! " Marriage material " - almost makes a person sound like an inanimate object , doesn't it ? That brother or sister is " marriage material ", let's package them up in a box and ship them off ! LOL!

PIONEER SPIT- Yeah , like we should be " grateful " they are giving us new light ! Funny ! Scientists have " dismissed" or " long known ". Good phrases

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

"It is in our best INTEREST".

Take care Flipper.

NMG

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

"no part of this world" "satan's wicked system of things" "worldly people" - Things outside of "Jehovah's loving organization" (and therefore outside of their control) are to be avoided.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

"He was not of our sort."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit