The UN Thing

by Princess Daisy Boo 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

It was just a couple of days after the Guardian article that they pulled out of the NGO program. Compare the dates with the Guardian article and the time referenced in UN letter that was posted on the UN site.

Remember, be horrified. For example, this isn't, say, your sister you caught smoking, this is your mother with a joint in her hand and her pupils dilated. . .your mother who told you, taught you, threatened you, that if you ever smoked pot she'd throw you out of the house.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Homerovah,

The link here from Barbara Anderson reveals that it was Ciro Aulicino of the Writing Department and Lloyd Barry of the WTS Governing Body that were most directly involved in the UN/NGO membership. http://www.freeminds.org/women/ciro_aulicino_UN.htm

Other names mentioned in the article is a Robert Johnson from the Service Department, and his boss - the ever lovable Ted Jaracz.

As far as I know, Ciro is still "serving" at Watchtower headquarters. Lloyd Barry died in 1999 before this whole thing blew up in the Watchtower's face.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thanks for the info. Gopher

The arrogance of power can be illusive at times, when placed in the hands of men

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

let us know how it goes.

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

One of the things that bothered me was that fact that they were required to publish information about the UN and its activities as part of their contract. In the 80s we were all told the wild beast of Revelation was the UN (god's enemy). When articles were being published in the Awake and Watchtower regarding the wonderful humanitarian work being done through the UN I was puzzled. I didn’t understand how God would consider this organization its enemy when they were trying to feed and clothe the poor the best they knew how in a godless world. At the time I did not know about their alliance with the UN.

If the WTBS was providing humanitarian resources via the UN, then I could at least in my heart understand their reasons for such an alliance. But to lie to the congregations, and allow and encourage innocent people in other countries to suffer and die over the non-issuance of a political card is reprehensible. I can never go back with what I know now.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It seems like they intensionally broke their own rules that they set out, and when they got caught they tried to down play it like it was harmless.

Time and time again corruption plays a role in the operation of this religion !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit