Two "Current" Truths that contradict each other

by Honesty 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Maybe they changed things up a little because they realized the 144,000 number had already been taken up or was about to be completed .

The WTS has spent decades trying to created an illusion that they are indeed god's faithful and solemn organization on earth and that has been

on their store front of their marketing strategy for a long time . In an effort to maintain that illusion they have to recreated themselves on a continuing basis

so the probability of them changing their doctrinal beliefs in the future is more than likely.

• Zico
    Zico

Honesty,

In January 2007 the Watchtower gave some 'new light' they said that anointed members wouldn't necessarily be with us when Armageddon came, leading many on the board to speculate they would soon let 'Great Crowd' members on the Governing Body.

It seems the GB must have recognised the problem with 1935 and discussed ways to deal with the problem. If I may speculate, I suspect they came up with the January 2007 'new light' but it wasn't satisfying, so they came up with some new 'new light' printed in the January 2008 Watchtower. i.e. the 144,000 number hasn't been fulfilled yet!

The Revelation book began to be studied in January 2007, at the time the now defunct 'old light' had recently been put in place, but 1935 was still the cut off point. It's too late for them to change it now, but if they ever re-study the Revelation book, I expect they will update this one. That particular quote you linked would actually have been studied in the groups prior to the release and study of the January 2008 Watchtower that features the 'new light'

• StAnn
    StAnn

Zico, So do any of the current JWs have a problem with the fact that this January's new light contradicts last January's new light?

What I don't get is how they can keep believing that the WTBTS is God's mouthpiece. Sounds like their god is schizophrenic to me. He doesn't know what he's doing from one year to the next. What kind of god is that? Surely not the one who created the universe in an ORDERLY fashion. It seems the teachings of the WTBTS are becoming more chaotic and disjointed as time goes on. Am I wrong?

• heathen
    heathen

I think it is completely scriptural to say the 144k number is literal and there are replacements .The bible does mention people that did not hold the faith even after receiving the holy spirit.To me they are martyrs and have to remain faithful and true until death at the hands of the political leaders that oppose the kingdom fiercely .The 12 tribes thing is kinda symbolic since it means that Christians inherit the promise to Abraham ,Galatians 3:29 , just after it says there is no jew nor greek . It's a spiritual Israel not an ethnic one , Jesus is the greater Abraham .

• justhuman
    justhuman

It is really interesting when you are looking the WT's theology and find out so many contradictions. They are in a deep mess regarding this subject and 1914 and they KNOW it. They are trying with flip flops to save their ass#s...

A simple examination of the Christian History at the first 3 centuries, shows that millions died for perscecutions from the Roman Empire.End we are talking about martyrs that they died for their faith.

The number 144,000 it is real number and is reffering to the Jews. The reason that the tribe of Dan is not mention by Saint John is because Anitchrist will be born from that tribe...

Since WT is confused and they never actually read any Theologic Books from the Early Church Fathers they are walking blind

• Zico
    Zico

"Zico, So do any of the current JWs have a problem with the fact that this January's new light contradicts last January's new light?"

I don't think any of them have noticed StAnn!

• dogon
    dogon

I am getting to the point in my life where I just dont care about what they say. Do not take this as a slam against the poster or any post. I am just to a point where it just does not matter any more. I hope all of use in our travels can get there and farther. I do have a lot of anger against the people.

I was getting water from a spring well at the local area I live in where many people get the quality water to drink. There were two older witnesses handing out towers. I was mad and have gotten to the point that I do not need to waste my time telling them what I think, I did spit at their feet and kept walking. As I said, I am not past the anger point.

I have learned that you will never change their mind, they will take it as an attack by satan, they are a heads I win tails you lose kind of people.

• freetosee
    freetosee
    It seems the teachings of the WTBTS are becoming more chaotic and disjointed as time goes on. Am I wrong?

Yes!

Time surly is running out on them! But these flip-flops have been part of the wt-light since its beginning. Actually I think they are getting better at it. If you think of the crap the jws were fed in russels and rutherfords time, I wonder how they could swallow all that. Actually rutherford started a new religion and organisation, he went against many fundamental teaching of russel. Or if you think of the expected princes to come, the exact dates that were given for the end: 1914, 1918 or 1925 to mention just a few... the hype around 1975...and we as jws swallowed it. And after being told, it is our own fault, we still continued following...Those "false lights" were big and bright for all to see, even newspapers reported on them!..
    Today we have much better means to analyse, also leading member wrote a book about the inner-working of the gb, etc.
    The wt has much more working against them now, but most of all the end that just doesn't come and research possibilities like the Internet creates the greatest challenge for the wts. Happily for us this creates a awesome advantage in order to easily expose the contradictions and inconsistencies.
    Like it was mentioned most changes come silently without being noticed. Many on jwd say, that they never studied the wt teachings so much as jws, but they do so now.

• heathen
    heathen

No kidding it must have been about ten years before I even gave the WTBTS beliefs and doctrines a serious look at . I wasn't in the cult but could see there clearly were problems , I can say they made some sense on some things but then would completely be ship wrecked on many others. This tacking with the wind stuff , meaning they can change whatever they want whenever they want is cognizant dissonance at it's finest. They keep saying we are sooooooooooooooooooo close to the end but the bible clearly shows that at that point there should be no question as to the belief structure .IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit