In my computer room

by wings 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• wings
    wings

I have a nice window looking out on a tree lined street. I have an old table cloth nailed in the window that I pull back with a hair clip during the day. All day I watch families on bike rides, dog walkers, and I have my own personal road runner searching for lizards. I also have a nice kiva fireplace, big and open (I found some old window screens to keep the cedar logs from popping on the carpet). I sit in a folding lawn chair next to the fire and look out the window. I have changed the color of my right knee doing this. I know for sure my right leg is done. This house is old, so I always have spiders and various bugs that make their way in here. Some get to live, most don't.

In this room I have felt pain, grief, remorse, and an occasional fleeting hope...I'm still trying to catch it. I have felt dumb, (just a post JW thing) and sometimes I remember that I am really fairly smart. I have to keep remembering that, keep remembering that. Someday I will be me again.

The other day, in this room, I sat in front of my computer and opened up JWD and let go. My lonely thread. I made contact with the outside world. Contact. All from my computer room. I will be leaving the building soon, I may not be Elvis, but I'm pretty sure my chair will miss me.

What is your computer room like?

• zeroday
  • wings
    wings

you look nothing like your avitar! That sort of thing is hard for me. What is that you are drinking?

• zeroday
    zeroday
    What is that you are drinking?

Diet Big Red soda..

You can upload photos to a site like photobucket and then link them here...

• wings
    wings
    Diet Big Red soda...

not a soda person...but I do drink diet beer.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

I have a corner in the living room now where the desk is set up. My 3 year old uses the computer so we need it where we can keep an eye on her. We used to have it in one of the spare bedrooms. There it was easier to look at 'educational' websites (nudge,nudge,wink,wink) but I can't do that anymore.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Table cloth curtains, Window screens around the fireplace, Lawn chair living room furniture. Sounds like a comfy squat. If I bring a gallon jug of screw cap burgundy do you have some clean jelly jars to drink out of ? OK if I park my ride in the front yard next to the old sofa?

• wings
    wings
    Table cloth curtains, Window screens around the fireplace, Lawn chair living room furniture. Sounds like a comfy squat. If I bring a gallon jug of screw cap burgundy do you have some clean jelly jars to drink out of ? OK if I park my ride in the front yard next to the old sofa?

Okay, I'm in TRANSITION. But comfy squat works. No old sofa in the front yard, I do however have another lawn chair in the front you could park next to. I'll work on the jelly jars...never thought of that, that would make the experience full circle. I drink beer out of a wine glass, just for fun. Honest. I have been camping out for 9 months, I'm getting so use to it now it seems normal.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

temporarily living in the nicest house I have ever lived in. My computer is on a small table in front of my wing chair, close to the television, because I like to keep the television on while I'm online. I can hear the wind - it's usually so windy that it feels as if the house will blow away, but it never does. Ive got my back to the patio door, I can look at my red leather sofa and my favorite pictures. I know I have to move someday, but right now I'm in hog heaven...helps me not mind that I'll probably be moving to a shack or a mobile home park.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Mine is called the living room. I usually get on here when my wife is out, or in the bedroom. I have a t.v. in front of me, and a desktop to the right of me. I always use my laptop and my wife uses the desktop. I have never gone on JWD on the desktop, and never will.

When I can get up early, 6:30 .a.m. or so ( I usually go to sleep around 3:00 a.m.), I try to post here while watching CNBC, or sometimes just watching stocks on my computer with the t.v. off. It is alot safer that way.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit