Watchtower Comments Exposes JW Growth Statistics

by V 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• seek2find
    seek2find

I have to wonder if the increase this year wasn't in part, due to the articles about young ones getting baptized. I don't remember which mag it was in, but it suggested that 12 or 13 years of age was not to young. I know of many youth who are looked down on if they are not baptized by the time they are 18. The problem with this in my opinion is that youth are encouraged to wait till they are "past the bloom of youth" to get married. Why shouldn't getting baptized be the same??? I think I know the answer. A young ones getting baptized locks him or her into the org. The fear of disfellowshipping takes over and they become enslaved and in the full grip of the mind control world. This doesn't seem to fit with the words of Christ, or his example either. Although he was spiritual at 12 years old,(when he was found in the temple discussing things with the elders) he didn't get baptized until 30. seek2find

• dawg
    dawg

Either young ones are baptized or old ones without access or knowledge of the internet. Once again, great thread.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Excellent post.

It makes you think about whether going "house to house" or anything else the WT comes up with is backed by God. Why would God or Jesus advocate, bless, or approve of an organization that is so very inept and inefficient? This is supposed to be proof of having "Jehovah's blessing"? I don't see how the WT ever has ANY increase from year to year.

Maybe they are "cooking the books"? It wouldn't be the first time, would it.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Awesome!!!!! Thank you soooooooo much!!!!

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

V

Excellent graphics. I like the fact that 61% have left the org LOL!!!.

• Spook
    Spook

A new report on msnbc today showed that JW's have the worst retention rate of all american religions. 73% (compared to 61% in the video) of Jehovah's Witnesses born into the religion leave. This appears to be exclusive of converts but inclusive of active non-believing members. So it seems clear to me that approximately 2/3 permanently leave for one reason or another. I have a longer discussion of this on another thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit