LADIES: .....Do you HONESTLY want your husband to be your best friend?

by Bourne 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

QUOTE: (one day I will learn to do it right)
    "Their usually are two types of daters: those who are 'friends' first and then date or those who base things on self awareness and chemistry."

That is funny because my DH and I married within 3 months of meeting, so we weren't friends at all. Our relationship was based only on chemistry and physical connection at first. The friendship is something that developed.

That said, I hate ice cream, pedicures, day spas, shoes, shopping... and most of my friends in my life have been men. I also find metrosexual guys endearing. So maybe that explains something.

I will add that we share very few common interests or traits. The only I can think of is kayaking. But that is what makes us have fun together, we always have so much to introduce each other to. He is type A, straight laced, slightly OCD, and relatively serious extrovert. I'm a free spirit, type B, slightly ADD, relatively crazy introvert. It is a fun dynamic. (he also owns way more shoes than I do, lol)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I want a best friend, lover, soul mate. I had that with Andy. I don't know how anything less could compare. I think it's healthy though to have friends outside your union.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

I can relate to all of you guys that have said you are best friends with your mate. Our interests are completely different too. We have awesome chemistry and self awareness. We are very comfortable doing our own thing or going out together. We argue like crazy over simple things, like putting up a tent. lol

He buys me "womens things" at times and is very comfortable, yet he can still be a mans man and has just gone on a 5 day bucks "weekend" surfing, golfing and drinking beer.

I just realised I love him more with every moment that goes by. (Except when I hate his guts because he's an insensitive selfish a-hole)

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

we are Friends and my Husband is my lover. He is concerned with everthing I do.

Someone to call uponduring good and bad times. He understands whatever I do.

We both tell the truth about our self. He knows what I am going through at all times.

He tries to cheer me up when thing don't go well. We do everything together, we enjoy

each other company.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Barbie, you and PEC are really a perfect couple. And both of you are very nice. An inspiration really.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

yknot,

best friends are required to let you wallow in self-pity, veg on a tub of Blue Bell and get mani/pedis and eyebrow shaping. My husband serves as the person who says 'get over it, go take a hike around the track, and lets go canoeing!

I'm tempted to say "same treatment, different method" - but, come to think of it, that's because the girly notions of "best friend" don't appeal to me at all. Self-pity and overeating are solitary pleasures. When I have to vent I usually turn to my sister, because she's done the same to/with me.

With my "best friends," when I have them, I discuss the meaning of life and other spiritual matters brain candy

"best friend" would be uncomfortable and would turn him into a metrosexual
    Actually, I like metrosexuality except when it gets banal. My husband would be a metrosexual if he weren't sorta lazy - in short, he's perfect My dad is a metrosexual; had a magnificent wardrobe, and when he went out with my mom (frequently), he had the entire family helping him pick the accessories for his outfit. We all enjoyed it and he always looked fantastic. But I would never have gone for a manicure with him, no

gently f eral

• wings
    wings

If I EVER go through the hassle of getting into another relationship it will HAVE to be with a best friend. In my life my biggest mistakes in relationships has been that I haven't been a strong enough individual to be honest about my interests and needs. Either that or nobody ever cared.

I'm in theraphy. Sorry I couldn't help more.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hell yes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit