Damage Control

by sandy 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• sandy
    sandy

Oldie67, I was reading your post and I thought what does her husband going to an assembly have to do with her sister's birthday. Either I'm a total airhead or I really do have the spirit of the world. LOL It's both I guess.

• odie67
    odie67

she was getting babtized.....sorry i called it b-day. she acted like it was her birthday. she got her nails and hair done....but fell asleep during her big babtism talk.

• odie67
    odie67

oops! it's baptism...sorry i can't spell.

• sandy
    sandy

I felt so sad for my niece watching her get baptized. How can a 13 year-old be allowed and encouraged to make such a huge decision. She hasn't been to school in two years, she's home-schooled. She doesn't have friends her age and her controlling father keeps her and her siblings isolated. But he puts on a big act for the congregation.

I couldn't even bring myself to give her a phony congrats. I just hugged and kissed her and said "I Love you.". What else could I say?
    A few tears actually fell and if any of my family saw me crying I'm sure it's given them false hope.

• bite me
    bite me
    I'm going to the assembly tomorrow to see my 13 yr old niece take the big plunge. The most important day of her life. How could i miss that?

Actually I only said yes to the invite to put my family at ease. Last month I said a little too much about the j-dubs while under the influence of alcohol. They let it slide and continue to act as if nothing happened. But my sister is still not acting completely normal with me. I figure if I go tomorrow it should do the trick.

Two-three hours won't kill me, I hope. I'm leaving right after the baptism.

Can you take this opportunity to take careful note of the questions they ask that group? Maybe you can video it so there is no question or denial of what was said.

Then you can come back here and post the questions. I am very curious as to if they changed again and added or taken more stuff out of the questions.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

You can't help but wonder if eventually they will become like the catholics and start baptising when they are babies.The one thing they preach against.but then again..that's what they are known for.."New Light"..

Snoozy..

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I've seen children as young as 8 get baptized. But I can't see the WTS approving the baptizing of babies. Although in my opinion anyone at or around 8 years of age is still a baby.

I'll never understand it... And my mom has noticed this too, and she doesn't think it's right. But she still thinks it's "God's Organization"...

My youngest sister is 15 now, and she tells me that she feels so much pressure from the family to get baptized. But I've spoken to her and relieved her that Jesus didn't even get baptized until he was 30! So I try to comfort her and tell her that she shouldn't be in a rush.

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

I was baptized at age 12. I didn't really want to get baptized, but I felt like that it was expected of me. It was a big mistake! I was way too young to make that kind of decision. I agree with everyone who's said that they shouldn't let minors get baptized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit