Damage Control

by sandy 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• sandy
    sandy

I'm going to the assembly tomorrow to see my 13 yr old niece take the big plunge. The most important day of her life. How could i miss that?

Actually I only said yes to the invite to put my family at ease. Last month I said a little too much about the j-dubs while under the influence of alcohol. They let it slide and continue to act as if nothing happened. But my sister is still not acting completely normal with me. I figure if I go tomorrow it should do the trick.

Two-three hours won't kill me, I hope. I'm leaving right after the baptism.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It might help with the family. I couldn't do it - I watched so many get dunked over the years that my eyes are still water-logged.

Jeff

• oompa
    oompa

I only wish you would jump in the pool and physically interfere with this travesty! I wish it was JW Rules you must wait til thirty....after all, I think there is but one well known "principle" found in the Bible on this matter.....dubs are pretty darn good at making Rules based on "principles." ...oompa

at least get her an anonymous letter about our FRAUDULENT Bible, and why waiting til her 20's (at least)....would show more maturity NOW!

• yknot
    yknot

Just for posterity you could move in close and record the 'intiation ritual', then use it in the next 5 years at her JC to prove she was a minor and was legally incapapble of agreeing to a membership.

• megawatt
    megawatt

UUGGGHH this religion.... Sorry that you have to attend the borefest. My wife went this morning to ASSembly, frantic and trying to get things together, asking while I'm half asleep snuggled in bed, "does this dress look ok?" It's soo unsettling now to see such young children making a commitment before they're past "the bloom of youth". At least what keeps my mind at ease, is the fact that wife knows (even though she's still in the routine of going to weekly POW WOWs) about the society's past and it's double standard and agreed that we will never force or ask our daughter to make that commitment. She's 15 now hopefully, that day will never come...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Discreetly slip some fake (or real) shit into the pool. They may cancel the dunkings.

W

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I totally agree that 13 is too young to get baptized (hell, you can't even legally consent to sexual acts until at least 14 and in some countries as high as 21). I personally think people should be at least 18, preferably 21, and have read all the available material from both sides of the story in a fully integrated fashion. Only then will they have enough maturity to make a wise decision. Why not? After all, if it's the truth, the opposition is going to be built around specious logic and empty threats.

I hope they don't start at age 6 next generation.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I wish it was JW Rules you must wait til thirty....after all, I think there is but one well known "principle" found in the Bible on this matter....

Right on with this! I don't believe in infant baptism.

Hope4Others

• sandy
    sandy

This was really hard to watch today. And I had to act as if it was perfectly normal and not total B.S. During one of the talks they stressed five examples of the "Spirit of the World" Not sure I can remember all five at the moment but you can bet I remember one . . .

Higher Education . . . Apparently if you go to college all that there is to do is get involved in drunken binges and hooking up. LOL The old white guy actually said "Hooking Up" . . . I seemed to be the only one that found that to be funny.

Back to the baptism . . . most of the people getting baptized looked under 18. I didn't count them all but there was about 10-15 people that got baptized.

• odie67
    odie67

I went to my sister's big B-day. I talked my husband into going. He tries not to disrespect any religion. He wore his nice sweater and slacks. He stayed awake the whole day. Turned to all the scriptures. Ate the sandwich I made. When we got home he said he would be supportive If i ever wanted to return to the KH. But he would never ever ever become one. The CO gave a talk about not wasting your time on education and how young people should devote their time To the field. I think they had him up until that point.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit