beth sarim, miracle wheat, masons, UN-NGO, etc

by Hortensia 14 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The main thing that showed me that WT doctrine is a bunch of hokum is the idea that all those scriptures and Revelation were describing some old geezers in Brooklyn who are obviously not reading their Bibles but perhaps channeling their nonsensical verbiage with an Ouija board or divining them from chicken guts.

Come on! The whole Jesus is Michael is the Pope is Abaddon is Satan business is way loopier than the three-in-one trinity idea they ridicule.

Also, if these guys REALLY thought the end was so nearby and it was their duty to warn people, you would see a saturation campaign that would have you seeing and hearing them on every broadcast outlet making their case. Instead of such a lifesaving message, you get Benny Hinn or the Crouches or some such theatrics, while the Bethel boys are piling up their treasures in Babylon and sending out poor downtrodden reluctant "volunteers" without equipping them for the task.

Come on. roast me baby!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh well, middleman, I was just spinning my thoughts too. My main point being I don't really care about doctrine or beth sarim or any of those things because religion is so obviously false. All religion. And I agree, a lot of science requires faith too, and scientists work as much from their beliefs and assumptions as religious people do. I'm convinced religion is false, however, and the DNA stuff I have read is fascinating. Maybe there's someone driving the universe. I think we'll never know, so there's no point in obsessing about it. Why not just try to live a decent life, have some fun, and try not to harm anyone.

• middleman
    middleman

Hortensia, I absolutely agree with you on their crazy doctrines. BTW, I go to San Diego all the time and soon I'm gonna go take some pictures of it. I have many from other people but I want to take my own since I live so close to it. I also wanna take some of Beth-Shan but I hear it's in a gated community. Maybe I'll rent a helicopter hehehe. Anyways, ya I feel that with you asking lots of questions and staying open, you'll find the answers of truth. Keep seeking and you will find. Believe me I have studied every religion I could get my hands on for most of my life. All I'll say is that every major religion teaches man is getting better in his own eyes, by his deeds or works. Only one teaches that it's what a savior did for us that redeems us despite our failed attempts of self penance.

I know with you coming out of an offshoot or cult of Christianity it's maybe hard to look at any form of Christianity as truth. The JW organization makes it easy for people to become dogmatic about religion in general once they've been burned, but not every dog bites if you know what I mean. I'm not here to preach to you, I just hope to encourage you in your journey. FYI, I was at one time involved in a cultish church myself, but even after getting out I was able to separate the bad teaching and relearn from simply reading the Bible. I don't heed to an organization, corporate church, or creed from some headquarters. This is all I'll say here. We all start somewhere. Blessings......

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    For me the important issue turned out to be evolution. If evolution is true, then all the other issues are moot.

That's it with me too. Dinosours were the key though. They don't fit the Genesis story of all creatures living in peace until man screwed up. The watchtower's only answer to this is that "we should not waste time thinking about such things."!

• middleman
    middleman

MissingLink, it's interesting that you bring up dinosaurs. There's been more than enough discoveries of dino's and humans coexisting. In fact there's museums around the world (including two in Texas, one in Germany, and France to name a few) that have such artifacts including warrior carve stones from Peru depicting humans fighting and interacting with dino's. Also there's a Temple in Cambodia that has animal carvings in pillars, including a Stegosaurus in the midst of them, which would seem to be out of place among known "living" animals. There's also been dino bones found in Alaska that were not fossilized, and still had blood fragments that should not exist if it were millions of years old. There's so many more discoveries than these, I'm only touching the surface here.

Another interesting fact is that the word dinosaur was coined in 1841, so any terrible lizard before that was called a dragon. Now we know of all the "folklore" of dragons, were they all just stories man made up through the centuries? There's an animal in Australia that the Aborigines call a "Bunyip". When a scientist told them they were looking for fossils of a particular dino they said, that animal "lives" deep in the Outback where it's not very accessible to man. There's many such stories around the world with the local natives including people in Brazil, Africa, South America, etc. Look at Loch Ness, I personally believe that it's a Plesiosaurus that can easily avoid detection in a huge lagoon/lake that is so murky and deep that sonar can't penetrate the water. It's a very interesting study as well. I personally don't think that humans living with dinos proves or disproves evolution however. As far as dinos being on the ark, I say why not. 85-90 percent of dinos were smaller that a Shetland Pony or a really big dog like a Great Dane. It's only the big boys that get the mass attention. Now with the other 15 percent, the Bible didn't state that the animals were adults. Maybe some were maybe some weren't. So a dino that will grow six stories after years of maturing, really wouldn't be all the big after 6 months of growth (about the time of Noah and his family residing in the ark). Think of a cute little Cayman that people have as pets for a few years before leashing the beast back to the wild.

There's so much more I'd like to speak of but I'm not trying to overload you with information. If you're interested, I can send you some more in depth research on this subject. Thanks for listening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit