beth sarim, miracle wheat, masons, UN-NGO, etc

by Hortensia 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I am always interested to read the reasons people have for rejecting the WTBTS. Many people seem to really object to specific doctrines or specific actions of the WT leadership. I didn't leave the org. on purpose. I just got so depressed I gave up. When I had some distance I realized that I just don't believe any of it. I never did, but I didn't know I didn't believe because I was so occupied with going through the paces. For me the important issue turned out to be evolution. If evolution is true, then all the other issues are moot. They don't matter. What finally convinced me about evolution? It wasn't fossils and geology. It was DNA research. Reading about DNA research, which is really fascinating, and the understanding you get from DNA research, made me realize that evolution is actually happening. Also all the research into the universe itself is very convincing. Clearly humans are not the center of the universe, but a little blip in the evolution of the universe, here for a really short time as far as the universe goes. My favorite piece of information - that in 50 million years or so, the earth will fall into a black hole (IF we aren't destroyed by a stray asteroid or something in the meantime.) The earth and any remaining people or whatever evolves over the next 50 million years will disappear as if they never existed and no one will ever know - just as we'll never know if intelligence developed somewhere else in the universe. Just too random and pointless to allow for the existence of a god. also beautiful and fascinating, lovely and bittersweet.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Beautiful. I agree with your view of things. Thanks for sharing this.

Dave

• horrible life
    horrible life

Who are the four, two ton elephants in the same room, with every Jehovah's Witness, that they refuse to acknowledge are there?

Hortensia, that is about as deep to think about, as the black holes in space.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so, who are the four two-ton elephants that JWs won't acknowledge? You've got me there.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Game show Jeopardy.

You gave the answer, I gave the question.

• watson
    watson

...well, you see...it depends on who's working on the practical application of the current light of the virgins that carry the constant oil lamps that show the way.....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh, now I get it! There are a whole lot of things JWs don't look at. They are getting to be like the White Queen (or was it the Red Queen) who could believe seven impossible things before breakfast. They can believe diametrically opposed ideas with no problem, and with enough practice they totally lose their ability to reason or question.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh, now I get it! There are a whole lot of things JWs don't look at. They are getting to be like the White Queen (or was it the Red Queen) who could believe seven impossible things before breakfast. They can believe diametrically opposed ideas with no problem, and with enough practice they totally lose their ability to reason or question.

• watson
    watson

"I,,,,believe in music....oh, oh, I, belive innnn, love....

• middleman
    middleman

Glad to know that you made it out of the JW organization, that's a big step. As far as evolution goes, I'm not sure how much you've studied here. Generally what's taught as "working" evolution is only Micro and not Macro evolution, therefore only adaptation. In adaptation, you see variations of DNA codes that were already there. Nothing new came up in the form of "new" mutations, it's just a selection of crayons from the box (so to speak). One wolf has the same DNA pool as any dog in the world, hence the canine family. The Law of Biogenesis and Second Law of Thermodynamics are great studies to look into also. Keep studying evolution and see if it's really happening or has happened. Any honest scientist that subscribes to evolution will tell you life "has to be evolving"(not by proven science) but because that's what many have banked their theories on rather than "observation".

I dated a girl years ago, and her dad happens to be a scientist. He didn't believe in God so evolution "had" to be true. After much study of evolution using all probabilities, data, observation, etc, he realized that it takes as much faith to believe in evolution as it did in a creator or higher power. There was a dead end street to all of the hypotheses scientists use. Remember, it's called the evolution theory and not the evolution fact. Neither can be proved, and on the science side, that's why the missing link is their obsession to "legitimize" their futile attempt of such research, to prove it and deny God.

As far as cells go, everything that makes up a cell including things like DNA, proteins, nutrients, oxygen, blood, etc, has to be working with the right ratio or the cell simply dies. We know, there's no room for trial and error, as evolution suggests that with enough "ample time" via trial and error we'll see life come from nowhere. They say energy, aka the "soup" was first before the big bang happened, well who made that? In the end, it's still faith. I say this, not for a fight, but just to spin my thoughts from your thread. Thanks for listening. Blessings.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit