The Borg's Current Take On The King of the North

by Rapunzel 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Carmel
    Carmel

It's gotta be them dang Canucks! Only thing north of Patterson! cARM

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

The Daniel stuff used to fascinate me when I was still... in. I'd say they pick either the Islamic world or a China, and Russia combo. Like they had the "Anglo-American Empire" as one of the beast heads in Revelations.

They could also replace the Anglo-American beast head with a China-Russia beast head since during the 90's with the collapse of communism you could say it was given a... I can't remember the exact wording, but I remember the picture of the lion's head being struck with a sword, anyway a death blow, but recovered. It's all so vague you could make lots of nations from throughout history fit into the prophecies. Two major powers/alliances competing for primacy? That hardly ever happens!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They were so totally wrong about the Soviet Union and its role as the King of the North. From their interpretation on Daniel, they expected continued expansion of the Soviet bloc leading right to Armageddon. Instead, the USSR collapsed, without their foretelling its end. Clearly, no prophets live in Brooklyn.

They managed to capitalize on the situation by sudden increases of publishers in the former Soviet bloc countries. So, they shut up about the King of the North, hoping something would materialize. Now, growth is stagnating in Eastern Europe, and the 'generation' is a lost cause. The can't speculate about the KotN's identity because they will most certainly be wrong! They can only wait until Russia, China, Iran, or somebody else makes a move so they can announce "_____ is the new King of the North. We knew it all along but couldn't say because Jehovah told us that it wasn't time. Now preach more. Give us more money."

Clearly, Daniel was speaking of Santa as the King of the North.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Their discussion of the King of the North and South was so laughably ridiculous, but I wasn't sure how to argue against it. Then I saw someone point out that where they had broken off the Seleucus/Antiochus conflict was wrong; they'd described the next king's actions perfectly, but said it didn't apply to that one!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

As I looked over this post I started to think: When did the BORG start saying that the USSR was the king of the North? I'll bet anything it coincided with the start of the cold war. Think about it Russia was the perfect patsy to play the big bad king of the north since they weren't a religious country under comunist control and they were the enemy of so many countries that the BORG was growing in.

Having russia as the King of the North was the perfect way to play on latent patriotic tendencies while pretending to be politically neutral.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

according to the most recent info that I have read from the org, they believe that the identity of the king of the north and king of the south is constantly changing(i.e. during wwII the king of the N was hitler, during the cold war it was the ussr), and that we won't know the true identity of it during a certain time period until after that time period has passed.(can you be more convaluted than that???)

Some have suggested China and Islamo-fascism as being the 'new ' king of the n, but i have not yet seen anything in print from the WTBTS to indicate that is there official position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit