Thin line of Hate and Love

by Sparkplug 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

David, same mix kind of sounds like, but different ages. Very fun!

ACADIAN!! So happy to see you my friend!! AND ever so happy to hear your words of wisdom. I have to tell you about this shirt I got. Here is what it has to say. It is all black. But in big white letters across the front is reads, " 01.20.09 " Holiday right?

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Great story. Brilliant kid.

Back in my jw days, there was this little 6 year old girl who was constantly amazing me with her mind. One day we were traveling on a streetcar through a rough part of town. She noticed graffiti on some of the buildings we were passing and asked why I thought people did that. I turned the question back to her.

She said, "I think they do it because they're angry and no one will listen to them."

Interestingly, she hated meetings and would often act up to the point her mother would have to take her home. To this day, she still asks my mom how I am (out of earshot of her parents of course). I fully expect her to land on my doorstep one day telling me she's no longer a jw. I can only hope.

tall penguin

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I fully expect her to land on my doorstep one day telling me she's no longer a jw. I can only hope.

Wouldn't that be great. I love the things kids come up with. This little boy (the 4 yr old) does not have his mom around. We never have asked why nor is it offered, but we all are so attached to him. So last night while babysitting him, my daughter thinks she is going to bother him so she gives him a big hug and squeeze and tells him that she is going to hold him like that all night. He smiles so big and asks, "promise? All night?" So innocent and so much love. He just comes up and slathers on the love. so sweet. If you hug him, he tells you to "squeeze him harder that its not a good hug yet." (minus all the 's' and 'z's')

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Out of the mouths of babes?

That was quite an observation on her part. I've thought like that for a while now, that one day, maybe enough people will be living who do not even notice lines on a map, or race, or gender to make some real change. I wish I could live to see that, the day people come before a notion of "God" in any language and any religion.

WLG

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

WanderLustGuy~ " When you make a world tolerable for yourself, you make a world tolerable for others." Anais Nin

I cannot wait for that day myself.

" I just hope my kids aren't as exposed to the crap their parents and grandparents had to deal with.

I just want them to have a comfortable existence. A reasonable, happy heart."

World Travler, no laughing,,,it took me all night to figure out, or at least I think I figured out you mena the JW crap, right? or more?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit