Thin line of Hate and Love

by Sparkplug 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

So my 15 year old girl at quite, “The Age", is riding in the car with me as we are driving back from the dentist. We have a little 4 year old passenger and as we drive we notice someone has stolen a street camera from above the stoplight system. Three city workers in bright jackets are standing and staring at it perplexed and it is a rather amusing site.

I comment how someone must be pretty dumb it they think stealing the camera is going to take away the tape of what happened. My daughter comments that maybe the person is so mad and filled with hate that it just made them feel better to bust off the camera. Then she goes on a tale about how she was just thinking about how if you had enough hate filled people...that you would not have to do anything the government said. That if enough people rose up against a subject, that surely there is more of us...than them. Well in fact why in the heck do we listen to the wacked out things the government puts in place that we know are wrong anyways? There are always groups of people that hate what is going on more than them...

Then she stops. All of the sudden, A. D. D. and as I pull into the drive...she turns to the 4 year old as innocent as him and says, "Come on XXXX, lets go watch Noggin!"

From hate to Love...?

Or from huge idea to something shiny passed by?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I did ask her how did you think Hitler got control of so many?

• llbh
    llbh

A lovely story she is a bright child .

Kids miss vey little and often get to the point i have an eleven year old like that

Like the bit about Hitler

Regards David

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Yeah, but you should have seen the glint in her eye when she mentioned getting enough people together that were filled with hate. She looked as if she had just won the lottery. WOW!! She had this twinkle like she could RULE the world and if she could keep her mind on one thing...sad to say she probably could make a good go of it. But what subject matter she might pick, well that is a scary thing sometimes. Depends on the mood. lol (nervous titter)

• llbh
    llbh

I love the way they reason.

Letting them explore the way they feel about such things is so liberating for them and us

I have daughter who is 14 she knows how to get her own way and if she put her mind to it can win over anyone

Regards

David

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh wow David!

An 11 and a 14 year old. girls both? You must be hopping at all times.

And a dad at that. Yes you are busy.

• llbh
    llbh

The eleven year old is a boy and has a razor sharp mind he misses nothing

The 14 y old daughter has been cute socially forever

And to add the mix we have a 24 y old son( bad planning) who is now a graduate with a science degree.

Life is fascinating and the kids make it more so as you have said

regards

David

• acadian
    acadian

Very wise for her age.....

• acadian
    acadian

It's not wrong to hate what is bad....and if any one thinks government is good , then I say let the chains of government rest lightly upon your shoulders....

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I just hope my kids aren't as exposed to the crap their parents and grandparents had to deal with.

I just want them to have a comfortable existence. A reasonable, happy heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit