What happens when you die????

by kevin221 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Kevin,

I know for a fact when you die, something does happen.

The people that loved you continue to love you and honor your memory.
    Some of those people will contribute to charities in your name, some don't have the money to contribute but they will remember you with love in their hearts.

The people that you loved will have their lives changed forever. Some will need therapy to deal with the shock of losing you, some it will motivate because they have been shown that no one is promised tomorrow.

All of these things I know for a fact.

The rest is conjecture.

We miss Jon Jon too.

Love,
    Lisa

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

teejay, don't let Jan see that. lol

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Kevin,

I'll let others post WTS teachings.

This is my opinion:

Remember what it was like before you were born?

It's just like that.

• proplog2
    proplog2

There IS death AFTER life!!

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

The holistic pattern of what you are as a living individual becomes ineffective to sustain your living existence. Parts of your body can live on in other individuals if you so desire, such as transplants, but no human consciousness as we know it extends with the transplants. Believe it or not, the Witnesses once thought that if part of your body was removed and implanted in someone else, (such as your heart) that you would be in effect living through that person. Go back and read the old Watchtowers about heart transplants for more about this bizarre concept.

There may be one way to be reborn again and have a resurrection of your consciousness but it is highly speculative. It involves a special preservation and deep-freezing process of the body and is known as cryonics. People who are thus frozen in liquid nitrogen remain in a state of little decay until the day they hope that science will be able to not only repair the cause of their disease or death but will also be able to undo the damage caused to cells by freezing them. There is some credibility to this hope, even though no people have been thawed out and revived. Regardless, the odds are not favorable at all as there remain many unknowns as to both if the technology will get here to do this (said by some to be as soon as 40-60 years) and if so, would anyone want to bring back to life someone dead from the past.

Of course, if you have nothing else to loose and you are going to die anyway…a long shot is better than nothing at all.

Skipper

All great deeds and all great thoughts have ridiculous beginnings--Albert Camus

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It's rumored that Skiper can nitrate your corpse to assure you go out with a BANG!

• Julie
    Julie

finnrot said:
    --------------------------------------------
    The only reason religion exists is because most people are afraid to die and ultimately they are afraid of not existing anymore.
    The sad fact is, you live you die and then the worms eat you.

Most people can't handle that so they beg and grovel to an unseen being and hang out around people that reassure them that everything will be O.K.

--------------------------------------------

Well said. This whole religon thing has gone on for millenia and you have summarized it perfectly. I concur with your view completely.

The way to gain true immortality is through posteriety. What lives on after you from your life be it through personal accomplishment or having influenced someone else to achieve some sort of greatness. Too many this is not acceptable, there must be more. The sad part is how much resources go into achieving this mythical immortality that would be better spent achieving the attainable immortality. Ah the irony.

Regards,
    Julie

• Escargot
    Escargot

Your worm food baby, unless God steps in.......

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

I've always carried the warm & fuzzy thought that when you die whatever you personally believed in is what happens to you.

Of course, if I believe that, what happens to me? I love circular reasoning.

Anyway, we'll all find out one day, won't we?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Rex,

Do you really want me to post CT Russel's rebuttal to your text? After all, he's got as much biblical support for conditional immortality as you have for your position.

Cygnus, who remembers when Rex aka WW posted a thread "Oh no!!!" when someone tried to teach him the biblical support for an immortal soul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit