Have you ever been called on by JWs?

by LouBelle 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

I have never seen a live JW at my door yet, although I've lived here for 2 years. There was a tract left in my door though regarding the Wild Beast! I would though like to see them come to my door, as I would like to say a few things to them.. diplomatically of course.

LTF

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I've been called on when I've lived in other states and they didn't know my from any other householder. I've just said "no thanks, I'm not interested" and repeat it until they leave.

I don't have the heart in me to be aggressive when that used to be me, and haven't figured out the "right" thing to say that can be both thought provoking and compassionate and mostly just heard. Besides, they usually catch me off guard when I really am to busy to engage in conversation.

• flipper
    flipper

LOUBELLE- My wife and I have had them call on us 2 times in the last 8 months. The first time was a presiding overseer and his wife of the local congregation in our mountain community. I asked them if they had heard of the Watchtower child abuse lawsuit settlements. Of course, they had not - so I proceeded to bring them up to speed for the next hour or so , giving them the AP news printouts dealing with the 16 JW victims ! Needless to say - by the time they left, they had been educated ! Also, a lady and a man from the same congregation came by in November - and I anti-witnessed to them about the same thing. They too, had not heard about the child abuse lawsuits ( not surprising ) so I brought them up to date as well giving them the JW child abuse news releases to take home with them ! I took their magazines to humor them - but wouldn't have taken their magazines if they didn't take my news releases home with them . So, I hope it opened their eyes as to what is really going on inside their organization ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ferret
    ferret

Been out 28 years. Have seen them on our street a number of times but always miss our home.

We are on the do not call list. But twice in all that time they did not look at the terr. map and called at our home. Once with the last tract and quite a few years ago and old guy that probably could not see the map called. I wish they would take us off the do not call list because I have a few things I would like to say to them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Any witlesses that try calling on me are wasting their time and gas. They ring the bell, and if I see witlesses, I do not answer. They try the phone, and all they get is my answering machine (no returned call). They try a letter/guilt card, I shred them.

If they do manage to get me, I will simply tell them that any religion or God that prefers to have active pedophiles remain in good standing while all I am allowed to meet is just other men is not worth living for; and if they come up with specious reasons why I should give them another try or claim it isn't that way (when I know blatantly well that it is), all they are doing is committing fraud and will have criminal fraud charges pressed against them if they continue.

If they get in my house, the first thing I do is display as many Christmas decorations as possible (regardless of what time of year it is) and start playing Christmas carols with an apostate Web site displayed on my computer. Then I pull out my Ouija board and Crisis of Conscience and politely ask Satan to afflict them with the just-meet-men affliction that Jehovah mercilessly afflicted me with, and do whatever it takes to sabotage the growth of any and all of their studies. And, if that doesn't work, I don't know what would.

Of course, that doesn't stop them from physically picking me up and dragging me to the boasting sessions and disabling me from doing anything that might undermine their efforts.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you have been called on, or offered magazine too - what do you say?

Either I yell out the window, I'm not interested. Or I just dont open the door.

I have talked with witnesses, mormons and Born agains in the past. In the new millenium with computers, the internet and giant bookstores anyone who belongs to a cult, wants to belong to a cult.

But I remember when I first escaped the tower, I had a chip on my shoulder and welcomed debates.

But when your done debating with someone who strongly believes something different than you, you walk away wondering why they dont understand what you so clearly explained, and they do the same thing.

Because people believe what they want to believe and for some people it makes sense to belong to a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit