My husband is reading about the initial fulfillment of the last days....

by cognac 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognac
    cognac

that happened in 70 ce... I guess it has 2 fulfillments...

I'm drinking a beer right now, not in the mood for this conversation... Mostly I hear, bla bla bla bla bla......

He's trying to figure something out... I asked whether those scriptures had 1 or 2 fulfillments... Anyone know???

Sometimes this is exhausting...

• cognac
    cognac

I know he's trying to get some sort of point across to me... Just not sure what...

ok. He just told me... Who won't make it throught the big A... argggg, sick of these freaken conversations....

It's not confrontational, just I'm not in the mood for it constantly...

• dawg
    dawg

do what you've been doing... screw him, screw his brains out...,LOL

• Satanus
    Satanus

Of course, w sex, once is never enough ;) Where the heck does jesus say that there are second fulfillments??????

S

• Vinny
    Vinny

Unfortunately, Dawgs idea is only a temp solution. To hope to get anywhere here he needs to start being willing to consider critical viewpoints.

This can be done Cognac.

For example, Can you e-mail your hubby? If so, start sending him a few things, carefully selected. Maybe start off with non JW things, like youtube videos or jokes etc. I e-mailed things with my wife straight from the beginning. After about a month of sending her articles, experiences etc, she one day SENT ONE TO ME! I fell out of my chair. Then she wanted to order COC and In Search of Christian Freedom on her own. Two months later she went to her very last meeting. Today, she is over and done with the JW's and has faded away. But I am not kidding when I say the ability to send her e-mails was huge. Here is the kind of article I am talking about: http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/light.htm That is a great website withy many articles he might find worth at least reading. Very respectfully presented, which is key to getting JW's to consider reaqding them.Tell hubby you agree with this article, but want his opinion on it. Here are also a few experiences I like to send to people. Below is the story of a raised in the JW's "Bethelite". He also had no axe to grind with anybody. His story starts on post 19. He too was not disfellowshipped. His name is Jace98. http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/message_list.asp?pageID=5&discussionID=551493&messages_per_page=4 Here below is the story of a brother from the 2005 Gilead Graduate Class. His pic was in the WT just recently. Once again, no axe to grind and not disfellowshipped. Same conclusion though. He still posts here, I believe. http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/971/t/What-should-I-title-my-life-story-my-life-story-reposted.html And another Bethelite Sister this time, who also walked away from it all without being disfelowshipped for any wrongdoing. She shares her life as a Bethelite too further down the thread. http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/979/t/I-Colored-Outside-the-LinesMy-Story.html There are so many similar stories of people that have left the faith all over the internet. There are so many website and articles that can open his eyes. These are just some of the ones that I found interesting. Show one here and there to hubby. Let him see the many reasons why people all over the world are questioning the JW's today. Tell him that it is important to YOU that he at least hear and look at some of these real world, honest, sincere and recent accounts. That you have questions needing answers. If he is completely unwilling to even consider examining these or similar stories/articles, then I am afraid you may likely be DEAD IN THE WATER. But do give it time. All it takes is one time with his guard down to have his eyes opened wide!

• cognac
    cognac
    For example, Can you e-mail your hubby? If so, start sending him a few things, carefully selected. Maybe start off with non JW things, like youtube videos or jokes etc.

not a bad idea... I was thinking about sending him some JW stuff but I didn't want anything that used the word "cult" or "brainwashing"... I just want to be careful when I do decide to send him the 1st couple of things that are jw... Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks!!!
  • Vinny
  • Vinny
    Vinny

"I didn't want anything that used the word "cult" or "brainwashing"... I just want to be careful when I do decide to send him the 1st couple of things that are jw"...

***** You can copy and paste the article and edit out any words that you think might trip off the panic-apostate-alarms.

heh

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks V!!!

I was about to say "no way" but if I could edit it, it wouldn't be a bad idea.... Just I got to be careful... So freaken careful...

• Vinny
    Vinny

You're so cute.

Is fun reading your attempts here to "inform" hubby.

Is funny how you gotta walk on egg shells with your own hubby. What's he so afraid of anyway?

He's already an apostate. (just don't realize it yet...

: )

Good luck Cognac. Whoops can't say that word to him either...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit