Shocking rules in the past/ present of society...

by cognac 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognac
    cognac

Not a rule anymore;

1. You couldn't get a divorce if mate cheated on somebody of the same sex or an animal

2. You couldn't get an organ transplant

Anymore?

• Zico
    Zico

You must have two witnesses to an act of child abuse before the 'alleged' abuser is dealt with.

Debatable whether this is still a rule or not.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Vaccinations cause cancer, syphilis, death and are "filthy Puss" = Golden Age magazine.

• Robert7
    Robert7

An extension to #1 - You are not scriptually divorced even if the male has anal sex with another female. For a while, the rule was -only- vaginal sex with a woman as grounds for divorce.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Before the mid-1970s smoking was not a DF'ing offense. You wouldn't get "privileges" if you smoked, but you could still be a JW.

• cognac
    cognac
    You must have two witnesses to an act of child abuse before the 'alleged' abuser is dealt with.

Debatable whether this is still a rule or not.

You would think at one point common sense would kick in...

• cognac
    cognac

bttt

Any others that you can think of?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

An obvious one...

Rule: You can't take any blood fractions! Blood is to be poured out on the ground.

...bloody murderers...

The Oracle

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

To JWs in Nazi Germany in the 1930s and 40s:

You must preach (i.e. with JW literature, which at the time was anti-fascist) no matter the circumstances, even under the pain of death, or else you will go to Gehenna and have no hope of resurrection.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Cognac,

How can your mate cheat on an animal? Does he go out and buy a new pet or something? (Lame, I know.)

What's the rape rule now? It used to be that, if you didn't scream while you were being raped, you were guilty of fornication.

Also, what's the voting rule now? I remember a JW telling me with glee in the mid 90's, "We can vote now! Uh, not that I would, but...." Where's that almighty neutrality stand now?

An old rule was that the UN was bad. Apparently, if you're an NGO, the UN is good.

They used to teach that emotions came from the heart, not the brain, so having a heart transplant was a big no-no. They also said any kind of organ transplant was cannibalism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit