Worship Jesus?

by pixel 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tak
    tak

I was taught to only worship Jehovah. Yet another changing of the rules?

• MMae
    MMae

It seems that turning from worshipping Jesus is just another way that the WTS tries to separate itself from "false Christian religion." By so doing, they may find that they've separated themselves from Christ himself.

• Aleman
    Aleman

Truth be told, Jesus will not be worshiped until this old world is destroyed. Jehovah God will prepare the earth to give it to Jesus so that he may rule for a thousand years and then Jesus will return the power back to Jehovah God. This is perfect since he died here and knows the sinns of man and can forgive them.

Aleman

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Truth be told, Jesus will not be worshiped until this old world is destroyed. Jehovah God will prepare the earth to give it to Jesus so that he may rule for a thousand years and then Jesus will return the power back to Jehovah God. This is perfect since he died here and knows the sinns of man and can forgive them.

Can you provide proof of that? I worship Jesus now.

Burn

• Aleman
    Aleman

This prophecy is at Psalm 110:1, where God tells him: "Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet." Empowered by Jehovah God's Holy Spirit, Jesus healed the sick, the crippled, the blind, the deaf, the speechless. He even raised the dead! He demonstrated on a small scale what he would do for mankind on a global scale when he came into Kingdom power.-Matthew 15:30, 31; Luke 7:11-16. God's rule will control all the earth, no longer will anybody be misled by false religions or unsatisfactory human philosophies and political theories. None of those things will be allowed to exist. -Matthew 7:15-23; Revelations chapters 17-19.

-Aleman

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Nowhere does this say that Jesus will not be worshipped until later. These are all from the New King James Version

Matthew 2:2 “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.”

Matthew 2:11 “And when they had come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him.”

Matthew 14:33 “Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, Truly you are the Son of God.”

Matthew 28:9 “And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, Rejoice! And they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.”

Matthew 28:17 “And when they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.”

John 9:38 “Then he said, ‘Lord, I believe!’ And he worshiped Him.”

Hebrews 1:6 “But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says, “Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses do not worship Jesus. They worship the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger instead.

• glenster
    glenster

1954 JWs weren't to worship Jesus anymore according to the Jan.1, 1954
    "Watchtower": "that no distinct worship is to be rendered to Jesus Christ now
    glorified in heaven.”
    http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/worshipjesus.htm

http://www.freewebs.com/glenster1/gtjbrooklyn1acont.htm

• real one
    real one

nwt rev 5:14 says Jesus was worshiped..also please correct me if im wrong nwt printed before 1970 stated Jesus wasa worshiped in all those text changed to obesience

• bite me
    bite me

my question isn't why to changed words around, but why (if they have the MOST CORRECT veresion) , why do they have so many 'revised' versions to their so 'perfect' translation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit